ST Thread

pcq

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

-42 run differential so far in Spring, no one else remotely close to that bad so far.

What a season it is going to be.

I know spring results aren't supposed to be indicative of regular season results but...you have to take some of it into consideration. I mean, they are 1-8 in the last 9 games. The team has to at least feel like what it means to win. I have a feeling this team will barely win 50 games. It will truly be a historically awful season.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I know spring results aren't supposed to be indicative of regular season results but...you have to take some of it into consideration. I mean, they are 1-8 in the last 9 games. The team has to at least feel like what it means to win. I have a feeling this team will barely win 50 games. It will truly be a historically awful season.

I actually sorta was expecting different results in the spring. So many old NRIs trying to stay in the big leagues,  with tons of previous big-league camp experience, I expected these guys to probably come out ready to go in the spring and maybe even be surprisingly good because they were all fighting for jobs. I expected them to be beat down when we got to the regular season and everyone else started trying. It's a little surprising to me that they're playing this badly in the spring. 

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Just wait until Cease is traded, it’s going to look even worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Yeah, Spring means little usually...BUT...I think it is pretty indicative overall, of the 2024 White Sox expectations.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I actually sorta was expecting different results in the spring. So many old NRIs trying to stay in the big leagues,  with tons of previous big-league camp experience, I expected these guys to probably come out ready to go in the spring and maybe even be surprisingly good because they were all fighting for jobs. I expected them to be beat down when we got to the regular season and everyone else started trying. It's a little surprising to me that they're playing this badly in the spring. 

It’s not that they are unprepared as much as they just aren’t capable in their mid to late 30s. 

Hitting OPS 2023 & 2022

(Games Played)

• Maldonado .606 (116) ; .600 (113)
  • Stassi DNP (2023); .571 (102)
  • Moustakas .685 (112); .640 (78)
  • Phillips .601 (39); .466 (83)
  • Ortega .613 (47); .688 (118)

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s not that they are unprepared as much as they just aren’t capable in their mid to late 30s. 

Hitting OPS 2023 & 2022

(Games Played)

• Maldonado .606 (116) ; .600 (113)
  • Stassi DNP (2023); .571 (102)
  • Moustakas .685 (112); .640 (78)
  • Phillips .601 (39); .466 (83)
  • Ortega .613 (47); .688 (118)

Yeah, I'm just a little surprised that "they're all that completely decayed". A lot of times, older guys can come into the season knowing what to expect and get an advantage over young guys based on that. These guys are just so far down the path that the age is winning out.

It is interesting to see the improvement from Maldonado though. :)

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeah, I'm just a little surprised that "they're all that completely decayed". A lot of times, older guys can come into the season knowing what to expect and get an advantage over young guys based on that. These guys are just so far down the path that the age is winning out.

It is interesting to see the improvement from Maldonado though. :)

Moustakas was aided by his 47 games in Coors Field last year.

I’m going to lose it if their three non catcher reserves are Moustakas, Pillar and Mendick. Mendick is somewhat defensible because of positional flexibility, but still would rather have Sosa in that role, or Romy before he was cut and claimed.

• TLR 1

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Uh-oh. Jimmy Lambert getting "2nd opinion". 

Poor guy can't catch a break. Don't think he'll have a long career at this point. Injury after injury on his arm. 

• Like 2

Lambert, Berroa to see doctors 

White Sox reliever Jimmy Lambert’s right shoulder is still not right, which means the 29-year-old right-hander can be eliminated from the list of Opening Day bullpen. Prospect Prelander Berroa, who didn't finish his most recent outing Monday, has a sore shoulder and will be examined by doctors, too, Grifol said.

Lambert was sidelined on Feb. 29 after making one Cactus League appearances. He finished last season on the injured list and had surgery on his right ankle, then came to camp healthy, he said.

The Sox had said Lambert would be out 10-14 days but on Tuesday said he is experiencing lingering shoulder issues and will get a second opinion from Dr. Neal ElAttrache Thursday in Los Angeles.

Berroa, acquired in the trade with the Mariners for Gregory Santos, "wasn't comfortable" facing the Rockies.
"His velocity was down and we took him out of the game, not taking any chances," Grifol said. "He’s going to see the doctors and see where it’s at."

Another reliever for Getz to fish out of the dumpster.  Lefty Justin Wilson, who was told by the Dodgers he wasn’t going to make the team even though he pitched pretty well — 9 strikeouts in 4 innings.  He would match up well with Jesse Chavez and Bryan Shaw.  Aged to perfection.  

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/justin-wilson-opts-out-of-minors-deal-with-dodgers.html

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, flavum said:

The “all pospect “ games are starting this week. On Friday, regular Cubs/Sox is on NBCSC. The Prospect Cubs/Sox game is on Marquee at the same time. 

The prospect game might be more interesting if we didn't have to suffer through a Marquee broadcast...