2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

I'm interested to know how much Schriffen will show off in terms of his own baseball knowledge. One criticism I had of Jason was I felt he knew a bit of baseball but was almost too deferential to Stoney some times. It's okay to have some of your own thoughts.

Nice dong, Elko.

Hell hath no fury as Steve Stone scorned.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Ole Miss....huge dude.  Almost thirty homers in the minors last year.  Tenth round pick in 2022.

Prospect or fringe guy? Big dude probably not good defensively 

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Former closer Liam Hendriks has something to say about why recent White Sox teams weren’t more successful.

“We had too many guys pulling in different directions, too many cooks in the kitchen trying to fix what they thought was [wrong],” he said this week. “There’s a lot of Type A people in a clubhouse. You’ve got certain people thinking, ‘This is the way it’s got to go.’ Certain people want to fix something, so they just scream and yell until someone fixes it. There wasn’t, honestly, enough positivity and eagerness to go out there and play on a day-to-day basis.”

So there you have it, a Hendriks weigh-in. But there’s nothing new about the just-turned-35-year-old doing that.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/02/23/liam-hendriks-red-sox-white-sox-boston-chicago-mlb-tommy-john-cancer

According to Hendriks, some Sox teammates didn’t like it, in particular how open and accessible he was with the media.

“Some guys thought I was seeking too much attention,” he said. “But when you answer questions in a non-generic way, they tend to come to you a little bit more. And I’m not one to shy away from a conversation, whether it be uncomfortable, whether I’m going well, whether I’m going poorly. I want to be as transparent as I can, because baseball is a very stoic man’s sport.

“When I started being transparent, knowing what my flaws were and embracing them, that’s when I started having success on the field and when I started having success away from the field. We’re all human, and I want to make sure I remain true to myself. I want to make sure that I live as well at the field as I do away from it.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Who were the ones who screamed and yelled last year?  Or cared enough to ?

TA?  Grandal?  Lynn?  Kelly?  Giolito?

Definitely not Vaughn Moncada or Robert.

Will be interesting to see how Grifol and Getz respond.  Or annoying...

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who were the ones who screamed and yelled last year?  Or cared enough to ?

TA?  Grandal?  Lynn?  Kelly?  Giolito?

Definitely not Vaughn Moncada or Robert.

Will be interesting to see how Grifol and Getz respond.  Or annoying...

Lynn seems like a screamer 

• Like 2

I don't have the tv feed....any word on if the curse of the Nationwide Jingle is behind us??

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Lynn seems like a screamer 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I kind of wondered if Bennetti got on Stone's nerves with both his absence and hooky stuff.  Stone doesn't seem to appreciate shenanigans.

Stone leaned into all of the corn ball stuff, or 90% of it. He probably just enjoys being the star of the show again.

• TLR 1