3/6 Dodgers @ Sox

I would also consider an Oscar Colas that was eager to work on his fielding, strike-zone judgement and even take reps at 1B to be a victory for this team. Seems like he was not happy last year. I want happy players. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I would also consider an Oscar Colas that was eager to work on his fielding, strike-zone judgement and even take reps at 1B to be a victory for this team. Seems like he was not happy last year. I want happy players. 

Colas can be as happy as he wants.  There is no victory unless Colas hits in the majors like he hit in the minors.  Otherwise, he’s just another failed Cuban player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Colas can be as happy as he wants.  There is no victory unless Colas hits in the majors like he hit in the minors.  Otherwise, he’s just another failed Cuban player.

I'd trade some happiness for strike zone judgement, or maybe not striking out 40% of the time on wild flails will make him happy. Just fucking hit, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I could care less if players are happy, sad, pensive, combative, reclusive or any adjective you want to name.

I want players who produce and win.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I wouldn’t single out Colas for these comments, as he was one of many last year who didn’t seem to put in the work or be happy.

He and a couple of other rookies were called out publicly by Pedro, whereas he didn’t do the same for his veterans doing the same or worse.

Would love to see this rotation (prior to IL stints) to see what they have in Colas, Fletcher and Sosa to see who is useful in 2025 and beyond.

• 150 Robert (140 CF, 10 DH)
  • 150 Vaughn (145 1B, 5 DH)
  • 145 Moncada (140 3B, 5 DH)
  • 142 Jimenez (142 DH)
  • 130 Benintendi (130 LF)
  • 126 Sosa (52 2B, 52 SS, 22 3B)
  • 116 Fletcher (62 RF, 32 LF, 22 CF)
  • 107 Colas (90 RF, 17 1B)
  • 100 DeJong (100 SS)
  • 100 Lopez (100 2B)
  • 90 Stassi (90 C)
  • 72 Maldonado (72 C)
  • 30 Mendick (10 2B, 10 SS, 10 RF)

Don’t want to see Moustakas, Phillips, Pillar, Remillard or Sheets beyond a unexpected long term / season ending injury.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd trade some happiness for strike zone judgement, or maybe not striking out 40% of the time on wild flails will make him happy. Just fucking hit, eh?

I'd like to see strike zone judgment prioritized more when drafting/signing players. Much easier than trying to teach an old (or even young) dog new tricks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It's showing as being on NBCSN on my program guide.

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

New info has come to light. Appears you Chicago natives can watch it on NBCSN. @CentralChamps21

How can they possibly bump this exhilarating tag match that is on right now.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's also being broadcast on WMVP AM 1000 for those of us without firesticks or cable TV bills.

Do they still have that mega signal? I used to be able to listen to that station 500 miles away.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Do they still have that mega signal? I used to be able to listen to that station 500 miles away.

I live in Chicago, but for those out of town the direction is East and 50,000 Watts. After sunset, they can expand their coverage beyond the Chicago area, but not sure if it goes far beyond Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan.

People can also stream games online, at least through their website and a phone (not sure if they confirm location).

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/s/wmvp-am