Sox speaking about bringing back Clevinger

50 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Somebody posted in the last couple of days about guys keeping their heads down, and just playing. If they let the issue dwindle away, teams will stash them on the roster. A guy like Bauer who is just too out there, taunting tween girls online about their looks, I don't think a team wants to deal with that. Clevenger is just a shitty teammate. I remember when Brett Lawrie was on the Sox. Abreu hit a key home run, and the dugout went nuts. Lawrie was the first out to hug Abreu, and Jose put his arms out to stop him. You could clearly see Abreu telling Lawrie to back off and get away. I see Clevenger as that level of pariah.

I had a hiatus during that period of the White Sox. Why are you considering Lawrie a pariah, and/or why did Jose Abreu have issues with him?

Seems like Brett a good guy. Was traded for asshole Josh Donaldson when this girl cried. Part losing her favorite player, also instinctively knowing Josh Donaldson was the worst case scenario.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/12/12/brett-lawrie-traded-visits-young-fan-who-cried

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I had a hiatus during that period of the White Sox. Why are you considering Lawrie a pariah, and/or why did Jose Abreu have issues with him?

Seems like Brett a good guy. Was traded for asshole Josh Donaldson when this girl cried. Part losing her favorite player, also instinctively knowing Josh Donaldson was the worst case scenario.

This is an article that touches upon Lawrie being part of the clubhouse issues in Oakland, 2015. Seems he was just too high-energy, all the time, and wore on his teammates. There was some weirdness when he left the Sox, too, like phantom illnesses or injuries. Like, he was hurt, but the medical staff couldn't find anything wrong with him. 

https://whitecleatbeat.com/2016/01/25/oakland-athletics-brett-lawrie-cause-of-clubhouse-chemistry-issues-in-2015/

Here's another I found that just talks about Lawrie's clubhouse problems in generalities, mostly hung on a Billy Butler quote featured in the first article. 

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2017/3/4/14811690/the-fall-of-brett-lawrie-release-brewers-blue-jays-oakland-white-sox

Most of what else I found at the first page of a Google search reference the same incidents. Staring down Adam Lind for not scoring on a sac Fly where there would have been no chance. I found another where he wore on umpires, to the point where they'd call him out on multiple 6-inch-out-of-the-zone balls because he had shown them up, or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And I am looking to have a 13 inch penis that has built in freight train vibration functionality that is controlled telepathically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

And I am looking to have a 13 inch penis that has built in freight train vibration functionality that is controlled telepathically.

sextalk.com/forums

• Haha 7

On 3/14/2024 at 6:17 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Who cares, do it. I DGAF about his off field s%*# anymore, we just need all hands on deck for flip candidates. We're going to be nose blind to the stench of this team by June anyways so what's a little more odor?

I'm sick of the highlight of our season being who we can "flip" midseason. The Chicago White Sox should not be this bad. It's a big city for gosh sakes. The fans deserve more than cool hats and jerseys and anything with the best team logo on it.

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm sick of the highlight of our season being who we can "flip" midseason. The Chicago White Sox should not be this bad. It's a big city for gosh sakes. The fans deserve more than cool hats and jerseys and anything with the best team logo on it.

I agree with you but the owner says otherwise, "fiscal responsibility" is his words to live by. 

with Montgomery and Snells price collapsing, what would be the major downside of signing Montgomery to a 2/3 year opt-out contract? (Snell would cost a QO pick)

I just find it funny there's a chance Thorpe will be the team ace when he's called up. Sox are picking #10 next year anyways... At least give us fans 25 fun games to watch this season 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, scotty22hotty said:

with Montgomery and Snells price collapsing, what would be the major downside of signing Montgomery to a 2/3 year opt-out contract? (Snell would cost a QO pick)

I just find it funny there's a chance Thorpe will be the team ace when he's called up. Sox are picking #10 next year anyways... At least give us fans 25 fun games to watch this season 🤷‍♂️

Come on, snell and Montgomery aren’t taking 2-3 year deals with this current smoldering wreckage of royals teams past, and hoping that the Sox do right by them and trade them where they want to go or to a good team.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Come on, snell and Montgomery aren’t taking 2-3 year deals with this current smoldering wreckage of royals teams past, and hoping that the Sox do right by them and trade them where they want to go or to a good team.  

But I was told pitchers would be banging down the door to play on a team with DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado supporting them

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

But I was told pitchers would be banging down the door to play on a team with DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado supporting them

No, you were told that players wouldn't be firing their agents on the spot for presenting an offer from the White Sox.