Benetti returns to Chicago...

Lip Man 1

7 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I wonder what Jason will he eating at the ballpark...

While he’s on the air, he should slam that new chocolate shake, get it all over himself, and give both Jerry and Brooks Boyer the double middle finger salute, just like this guy.

IMG-0333.gif

IMG-0334.gif

• Haha 5
  • Fire 1

I think it's telling that the Sun Times got a quote for this story from everybody in the world except Benetti. They called up Dave Sims and got a quote, did Benetti tell 'em to shove it? Probably. I think the most awkward thing for Benetti is returning to Chicago and realizing he has to live in Detroit now instead. Bummer. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's amazing how he lives rent free in some Sox fan's heads. Jason was by any measure other than doesn't show up drunk and is coherent over the course of 140 odd days on the mic -- a completely milquetoast Sox announcer. 

I'm not really taking to Schriffen either but I'll say two things: he seems to know a homerun off the bat a bit and he isn't doing his 20 questions comedy routine in the bottom of the 4th in a 5-1 snoozer (yet). Just keep doing those two things and for myself at least the broadcast will be better.  He backed off the White Sox ball washing a bit today too. I don't know, I'll probably hate the fucker by game 50 who knows.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's amazing how he lives rent free in some Sox fan's heads. Jason was by any measure other than doesn't show up drunk and is coherent over the course of 140 odd days on the mic -- a completely milquetoast Sox announcer. 

I'm not really taking to Schriffen either but I'll say two things: he seems to know a homerun off the bat a bit and he isn't doing his 20 questions comedy routine in the bottom of the 4th in a 5-1 snoozer (yet). Just keep doing those two things and for myself at least the broadcast will be better.  He backed off the White Sox ball washing a bit today too. I don't know, I'll probably hate the fucker by game 50 who knows.

And both Jerry and Brooks Boyer treated the guy like a clown.  f*** them.  Why would you defend these two asswipes?

• Fire 1

Ernie Harwell wouldn't be so petty...but times have certainly changed with 24 hour social media.

And I can certainly understand the urge to get back at  your former employer.  Still, not a great look.  And it's not like he was fired.  He basically forced his way out.

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The dude is a world class broadcaster in 3 sports, and can even make Bill Walton sound good.  Parroting JR is not what I expected from you.

Is he world class? Our new guy did games in Korea. That's a place in the world. I'm not convinced Jason has ever left the midwest. 

Jokes aside, who gives a s%*# if the guy who says "ball 1, strike 2" is world class. His job is, as I understand it, to be as un-annoying as possible and root on the home team. He didn't do either of those things particularly well. I don't care if he's good at talking about football on Fox, he was a dud with the Sox. He's a diva to boot, very egotistical. Ya know, the Bulls PBP guy is on a similar national/local deal as Benetti, he just doesn't go out of his way to publicly denigrate the organization he works for. Good riddance, I don't care if JR agrees with me, broken clock is right every so often, etc. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Is he world class? Our new guy did games in Korea. That's a place in the world. I'm not convinced Jason has ever left the midwest. 

Jokes aside, who gives a s%*# if the guy who says "ball 1, strike 2" is world class. His job is, as I understand it, to be as un-annoying as possible and root on the home team. He didn't do either of those things particularly well. I don't care if he's good at talking about football on Fox, he was a dud with the Sox. He's a diva to boot, very egotistical. Ya know, the Bulls PBP guy is on a similar national/local deal as Benetti, he just doesn't go out of his way to publicly denigrate the organization he works for. Good riddance, I don't care if JR agrees with me, broken clock is right every so often, etc. 

If he was a dud it's because his color guy is an arrogant jerk who should have retired decades ago and sucks as his job.  He did the same crap to Hawk and is doing it again to the new guy.  They all end up putting on more and more of a show to fill time because Steve is pissy, bored, or missing a nap.  I used to think a lot of the problem was Hawks, but then the same stuff happened to Jason.  It is already happening to this guy 3 games in.  It's a pattern. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Schriffen never went to Korea lol. He did the games from here. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Ernie Harwell wouldn't be so petty...but times have certainly changed with 24 hour social media.

And I can certainly understand the urge to get back at  your former employer.  Still, not a great look.  And it's not like he was fired.  He basically forced his way out.

I was unable to watch this weekend, did Benetti actually say or do something try to get back at his former employer?

24 minutes ago, supernuke said:

I was unable to watch this weekend, did Benetti actually say or do something try to get back at his former employer?

Just the Campfire Shake posing ... a not so subtle shot at Boyer and JR for criticizing how Jason would "messily/unculturedly" eat Sox concession items he was asked to hawk on air.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just the Campfire Shake posing ... a not so subtle shot at Boyer and JR for criticizing how Jason would "messily/unculturedly" eat Sox concession items he was asked to hawk on air.

The Detroit TV staff delivered Jason a Beggars Pizza during their segment after the Sox gave Jason a video tribute in between innings.

Len and DJ were pimping that silly shake today. I believe 98% of fans can’t even buy it since it’s only available in the Stadium Club.

Jason also covered the Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

38 minutes ago, supernuke said:

Yes, he said your Detroit Tigers have swept the Chicago White Sox to open the 2024 Major League Season.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ok, seems like way too much is being read into that. 

46 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Detroit TV staff delivered Jason a Beggars Pizza during their segment after the Sox gave Jason a video tribute in between innings.

Len and DJ were pimping that silly shake today. I believe 98% of fans can’t even buy it since it’s only available in the Stadium Club.

Do the Sox still not allow people in the upper tank to visit other areas of the ballpark? You buy a ticket up there u stuck up there? Considering what their crowds are gonna be like pretty soon, that's pretty dumb if it's true.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The dude is a world class broadcaster in 3 sports, and can even make Bill Walton sound good.  Parroting JR is not what I expected from you.

Parroting Dan Bernstein is exactly what I expected out of you. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's also at a bar somewhere in left field

• Thanks 1