Sox trade RHP to Yankees for cash

Quin

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A few more bucks for Jerry’s pocket.

Jerry ought to take that money and give out some free beer/soda at games to fans dumb enuf to pay 45 bucks for a seat to attend.

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Cash Considerations is JRs favorite playet.

I seriously wonder the combined WAR of PTBNL / future considerations per franchise.

2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Certainly would have made more sense for him over Shaw, but this foolish FO thinks they are trying to win something this year.

Well I think Shaw is gone Wednesday for Nastrini anyway. So that slot is a little bit of a placeholder. I’d still have kept Cousins in AAA as he’d almost certainly be used in the bigs st some point. and I doubt the cash considerations are much. But oh well. 

28 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well I think Shaw is gone Wednesday for Nastrini anyway. So that slot is a little bit of a placeholder. I’d still have kept Cousins in AAA as he’d almost certainly be used in the bigs st some point. and I doubt the cash considerations are much. But oh well. 

I'm honestly surprised they managed to keep everyone they brought in on NRI's. The only guy cut was Lucius Fox and he wasn't even a NRI for big league camp.

43 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I have to wonder if we’re talking $10k or $25k. I guess every bit helps offset the lost ticket revenue.  It will be interesting when we start trading some of the guys we just signed.

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Cousins also had a few years of control, and an option. It just looks like roster crunches, right?

13 minutes ago, tjp1684 said:

I have to wonder if we’re talking $10k or $25k. I guess every bit helps offset the lost ticket revenue.  It will be interesting when we start trading some of the guys we just signed.

I'd guess more otherwise you keep him especially if there were a couple controllable years and an option as someone else mentioned as a possibility.

9 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pray for a rainout today or tomorrow (or early announced PPD on Wednesday) to push that 5th starter spot back more for the extra year of control.

Seems logical to have someone else make the start/bullpen game though if played...

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Pray for a rainout today or tomorrow (or early announced PPD on Wednesday) to push that 5th starter spot back more for the extra year of control.

Seems logical to have someone else make the start/bullpen game though if played...

Likely to get in at least 5 today, but I imagine sometime tomorrow they postpone both Tue-Wed.