White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

This guy really is poison. He pitched well enough last year that I thought someone else would sign him. Makes me doubt that the Sox can unload him at the All Star break even if he pitches well.

"Poison?" Wow...

The problem is, they aren't signing Clevinger just to eat innings. If that was the case, he would have been signed already. And there are plenty of shitty pitchers in the organization to eat innings.

This is the White Sox reacting to an 0-4 start, and being desperate for any pitcher that can get them wins. I really do think Getz was trying to put together a competitive team this season, and he's panicking. 

Regardless, it just reinforces what a joke they are.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The problem is, they aren't signing Clevinger just to eat innings. If that was the case, he would have been signed already. And there are plenty of shitty pitchers in the organization to eat innings.

This is the White Sox reacting to an 0-4 start, and being desperate for any pitcher that can get them wins. I really do think Getz was trying to put together a competitive team this season, and he's panicking. 

Who should they have signed instead?  Or you're happy with the rotation?

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

It's hilarious you think it matters. This team is losing 100-120 games. Clevinger doesn't even move the needle.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Nah, this has been in the works for a few days it seems.  Once again, the Sox know they’re going to be total dog s%*# this year.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, this has been in the works for a few days it seems.  Once again, the Sox know they’re going to be total dog s%*# this year.

It just gives most of us another reason to root for them losing every game, so I couldn't care less. This team can't possibly sink any lower.

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

It just gives most of us another reason to root for them losing every game, so I couldn't care less. This team can't possibly sink any lower.

They can sink much, much lower still.

11 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

"Poison?" Wow...

I'm willing to consider another adjective, but no other club would touch the guy even with a decent season last year. What would you call him?

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

A few weeks really.  I am sure he was looking for something better, but it is this or nothing.

3 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Clevinger's personal history aside...there's only two reasons why players would sign with the team on the south side of chicago. No other team wants them, or they are a glutton for punishment.

Or it could be the Campfire Milkshake

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The idea that the Sox a free agent away, or even 5 free agents away from decency is laughable.  This team is so bad, there isn't a point in spending on it, especially for a guy that literally no one wants.  It would have been one thing if we found a flippable guy, but we found one so toxic that no one wanted to trade for him last year, or sign him this year.

• Like 2