White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't for a second understand this take or mentality. Why is it not worth it. This is three more games this year where I'll be happy and not pissed off. 63 wins is better than 62 wins. I'm gonna follow and get behind this team. Every single win is good and every single loss is band. 

So your happiness is only dictated by individual wins and not impacted by the overall putrid record of your team, knowing that the season is already a bust?  I don’t understand that mentality at all.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I hope so. 

You started the thread for today's Braves game with this gem:

"Keep those losses rolling in!"

Then you had some links and some comments about the weather and the chance of rain.

Then you said,  "Pedro should just email the Braves his lineup card with a note of forfeit. For the whole series."

Your constant, endless negativity is a complete drag. I hope you are gone for good. 

But wait, don't you have to post like 30 "Fire Pedro" comments before you leave for good?

You're in the wrong place and following the wrong team if negativity bothers you. There's absolutely nothing to root for with this organization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

People act like he's only going to eat innings and not help the Sox win a few more games. 

He was quite clearly the Sox best starter last year, clearly. For all the people complaining about his character, he was never a problem with the Sox last year. I say get him on the team, get him in shape, and give him the ball. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

You're in the wrong place and following the wrong team if negativity bothers you. There's absolutely nothing to root for with this organization. 

Absolutely nothing?  Well,  my team is playing baseball and trying to win. To me, that is something to root for. 

And you're right, there's a lot of negativity here. I'm just hoping there's a little bit less from now on with him gone. But really, on that point, I am not very optimistic

Edited by vilehoopster
left out word
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't for a second understand this take or mentality. Why is it not worth it. This is three more games this year where I'll be happy and not pissed off. 63 wins is better than 62 wins. I'm gonna follow and get behind this team. Every single win is good and every single loss is band. 

It’s not like we can even dream on a franchise altering pick either…

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So your happiness is only dictated by individual wins and not impacted by the overall putrid record of your team, knowing that the season is already a bust?  I don’t understand that mentality at all.

Well, to be fair - it’s also hard to understand your mentality of spending a good chunk of each day on this message board attempting to convince all other Sox fans that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Absolutely nothing?  Well,  my team is playing baseball and trying to win. To me, that is something to root for. 

And you're right, there's a lot of negativity here. I'm just hoping there's a little bit less from now on with him gone. But really, on that point, I am not very optimistic

Lmao no they aren't 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

People act like he's only going to eat innings and not help the Sox win a few more games. 

He was quite clearly the Sox best starter last year, clearly. For all the people complaining about his character, he was never a problem with the Sox last year. I say get him on the team, get him in shape, and give him the ball. 

Because it doesn’t matter if they win 59 games or 63 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, to be fair - it’s also hard to understand your mentality of spending a good chunk of each day on this message board attempting to convince all other Sox fans that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. 

Well . . .  I have to give you that one. It is an exercise in futility. But my emotions took over, and I just had a strong urge to go after one person. It was dumb on my part. But again, I don't understand why people come on here, literally posting 30 or more comments a day, just to complain

I mean how many time can a person type "Fire Pedro" in a 24 hour period. 

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Have you watched them? They're not really playing baseball, and it sure as f*** doesn't look like they're trying to win. The organization, if they were trying to win this season, deserves zero fans. This team is a walking talking insult to each and every White Sox fan on the planet. f*** them. They deserve every ounce of negativity.

If you're hoping for less negativity, it's going to be a loooong decade my friend.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

60 to 70 wins?  Who cares?  The only thing to get excited about is young players performing.

I don't believe that a 10 win difference doesn't matter to you as a fan. You don't believe this. You're just saying this to prove your point. 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

See my very next post:

“60 to 70 wins?  Who cares?  The only thing to get excited about is young players performing.“

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't believe that a 10 win difference doesn't matter to you as a fan. You don't believe this. You're just saying this to prove your point. 

It doesn’t.  Not when the 10 win difference will still only have the Sox finishing in the 50 to 70 win range and the Sox draft pick is already decided.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

The difference between being putrid, and historically fucking awful, is pretty inconsequential. Just another year the White Sox won't compete for the worst division in baseball. 

I'm hoping for as many losses as possible, and I hope they lose games with comically bad baseball. It's the only entertainment to be had from this roster.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

It doesn’t.  Not when the 10 win difference will still only be in the 50 to 70 win range and the Sox draft pick is already decided.

Now you're really just exaggerating to prove your point. I understand you're typing this, but you can't convince me that a difference/ improvement of 20 wins means nothing to you. 

4 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The difference between being putrid, and historically fucking awful, is pretty inconsequential. Just another year the White Sox won't compete for the worst division in baseball. 

I'm hoping for as many losses as possible, and I hope they lose games with comically bad baseball. It's the only entertainment to be had from this roster.

I just don't get it. I don't understand why people think I'm noticing a certain level of negativity on this board lately. 

• Haha 2

Mehh I don’t care. I know it’s a cardinal sin to say the Sox aren’t 100% inept, but if Clevinger was a problem in the clubhouse he wouldn’t be back. 

Flexen is bad enough that the Sox might get investigated for deliberate tanking if they continue to run him out there. And we can only count on so many innings from Crochet, Nastrini, and MAYBE Eder. There’s 100+ innings that will have to be mopped up. Might as well be Clevinger, regardless of some fans’ hurt feelings.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Now you're really just exaggerating to prove your point. I understand you're typing this, but you can't convince me that a difference/ improvement of 20 wins means nothing to you. 

A significant improvement (which this team is certainly not capable of) results in at best another losing season (12th since 2007) in the worst division in baseball with an incompetent, dysfunctional and inept front office...led by an ossified owner who drips disdain for his actual fan base.

Yea that "improvement" is meaningless in the big picture.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It just gives most of us another reason to root for them losing every game, so I couldn't care less. This team can't possibly sink any lower.

Careful, that sounds like a challenge that could win.

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

Lmao no they aren't 

Players or front office? I believe the players are trying. It's their chance to try and start in the show. They ain't tanking for JR. 

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Players or front office? I believe the players are trying. It's their chance to try and start in the show. They ain't tanking for JR. 

You will see some guys who are still looking for another contract trying. You will see others just mailing it in, as they have nothing to play for, and this is likely their last stint in the MLB... This team is hopeless, and the players know it just as much as we do. Look at the bottom half of this order, and their leadoff hitter. These guys are all out of the MLB VERY soon.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We already saw last year that no one wanted to trade for Clevinger.  Bauer can be had for a minor league contract at league minimum and no one has signed him.

Bauer and Urias come with an initial circus teams don't want to manage. Sox manage it and then move to a contender. I could see it being much more likely than trying clevinger after last year.