4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Cause you looked at his fangraphs page :)

I DID NOT!!!!.......oh sorry, I thought you said his onlyfans page.

• Haha 2

Just now, wegner said:

I gotta wonder if they would consider trading him at the deadline if he has a great 1st half

If they can get a Cease type return (or better) I would do it. This team isn’t competing until 2026 at the earliest anyways and it’s not like the Sox are going to pay him after the 2026 season if he’s the next Randy Johnson.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thank god we had Maldonado last inning telling Crochet to throw strikes to the number 9 hitter. Totally makes up for the worst hitter in the majors.

Sadly, I'm not sure he's the worst hitter on this team.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

STAY IN THE CROUCH AND FRAME THE PITCH YOU DUMB f***

Just getting too old...look what catching did to Mauer and Posey by their late 20's.

Or Grandal.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If they can get a Cease type return (or better) I would do it. This team isn’t competing until 2026 at the earliest anyways and it’s not like the Sox are going to pay him after the 2026 season if he’s the next Randy Johnson.

Can't we have ONE nice thing?! Crochet makes no money and has 2 years of control after this?  At this rate, we're gonna start trading prospects once they reach AA because "there's no way we're competing until 2040."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No team would do that given his innings restrictions

I actually meant because of his value due to his years of control, not necessarily for a playoff push this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Can't we have ONE nice thing?! Crochet makes no money and has 2 years of control after this?  At this rate, we're gonna start trading prospects once they reach AA because "there's no way we're competing until 2040."

But I bet Getz could get like 20+ DFA candidates from the Braves for him.

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

To be fair, you have to ask “is he on your next contending team”?  There’s nothing to suggest they contend in 25-26.

Just now, Soxfest said:

Sad Sox are wasting this performance by GC with no offense.

One acceptable offensive game all year so far. 

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Crochet is 24 years old. They could... you know, sign him? Sox don't plan on being good in the next 6 years. You watching what this guy is doing in his second big league start vs avcuna and an elite offense?

The injury risk is large which is the big concern but if he shows me durability and sustained success this year I'm not moving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There's a saying for catchers.  Present strikes and throw back balls.  If they try to present every pitch as a strike the umpire will get angry.

But that was literally a strike 

Just now, Soxfest said:

Sad Sox are wasting this performance by GC with no offense.

At least he should get a no decision today instead of that L on opening day