4/7 Game thread

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

If this team is going to suck so badly, I figured I might as well start making money off them.   

Screenshot_20240407_135457_William Hill.jpg

I took the under for $50 and then live bet royals when e were up 3-1. Won the last 3 betting royals

• Fire 2

27 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'd promote Colas, demote Vaughn, fire Grifol, promote Justin Jirschele.

It's actually funny that everyone screamed that they didn't want Salvy Perez on this team. Dude's OPSing .879. Can't have that because Royals. 

What’s his OPS when not facing the Sox?

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Wow, are you a baseball scout or something? You seem really smart about baseball. LOL. 

Guess what? Pick any offensive number, and Perez's will be better than Maldonado's. I'm happy to have explained that to you. 

Who fucking cares? They both suck, are too old, and neither guy is someone the Sox should have targeted this offseason. You love to argue about meaningless bullshit for wins, huh? Who here wanted the Sox to sign Maldonado?? Maybe go find that one lone poster, and go argue with him about this. 

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

23 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Wow, are you a baseball scout or something? You seem really smart about baseball. LOL. 

Guess what? Pick any offensive number, and Perez's will be better than Maldonado's. I'm happy to have explained that to you. 

Salvy for 4 million would have been a great signing

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Salvy for 4 million would have been a great signing

Except he's getting paid $20M this season and $22M next season, with a club option in 2026. He also would have required assets to acquire. That's assuming the Royals wanted to trade him and he would come here? What are we even talking about?

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Who fucking cares? They both suck, are too old, and neither guy is someone the Sox should have targeted this offseason. You love to argue about meaningless bullshit for wins, huh? Who here wanted the Sox to sign Maldonado?? Maybe go find that one lone poster, and go argue with him about this. 

Then who fucking cares if it's a small sample size? Seems like you're going for even more meaningless wins. Maybe you can find the one person you're trying to impress and just ask them for a hug. 

• Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Then who fucking cares if it's a small sample size? Seems like you're going for even more meaningless wins. Maybe you can find the one person you're trying to impress and just ask them for a hug. 

What was the point of bringing up Salvy Perez, and posters who didn't want him here, if not to gloat? It doesn't matter if he has a good season or not. Those arguing against bringing him in are still on the correct side of the argument. There would be absolutely no reason for this team to trade for and pay Salvy Perez this season and next. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

What was the point of bringing up Salvy Perez, and posters who didn't want him here, if not to gloat? It doesn't matter if he has a good season or not. Those arguing against bringing him in are still on the correct side of the argument. There would be absolutely no reason for this team to trade for and pay Salvy Perez this season and next. 

You already asked who cares. I guess the answer to that question is that Paulie4Pres cares, very, very much. Why do you care about spending Reinsdorf's money? That's the weirdest thing. Everybody screams that Reinsdorf is cheap, then collapses into a ball and cries about spending his money. They should trade for Perez, then sign him to a 5-year $120 million extension so that everyone could finally celebrate having a $100 million contract. 

Then everyone would be happy. Including you. 

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

It's actually funny that everyone screamed that they didn't want Salvy Perez on this team. Dude's OPSing .879. Can't have that because Royals. 

He makes $20 million this year and $22 million next year, and would have cost prospects. The Sox don't need him. You finally make some sense in wanting Grifol fired. There isn't another team in baseball who thought they were handing him a playoff contender, and then lose 101 gamed, that would have brought him back.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You already asked who cares. I guess the answer to that question is that Paulie4Pres cares, very, very much. Why do you care about spending Reinsdorf's money? That's the weirdest thing. Everybody screams that Reinsdorf is cheap, then collapses into a ball and cries about spending his money. They should trade for Perez, then sign him to a 5-year $120 million extension so that everyone could finally celebrate having a $100 million contract. 

Then everyone would be happy. Including you. 

I'm trying to understand why you felt the need to bring him up at all. The Sox bringing Perez here would have made zero fucking sense. This team was always going to suck. You're just a fucking argumentative tool, who apparently gets his rocks off by being right on the internet. Sorry if it bothers you when people call you out on it, but if you don't like it, I really don't care. You can f*** off.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm trying to understand why you felt the need to bring him up at all. The Sox bringing Perez here would have made zero fucking sense. This team was always going to suck. You're just a fucking argumentative tool, who apparently gets his rocks off by being right on the internet. Sorry if it bothers you when people call you out on it, but if you don't like it, I really don't care. You can f*** off.

And you're an argumentative tool who needs to prove something. You're the only one getting angry, here. A couple others calmly explained why Perez wasn't preferable. You take exception that opinions you don't agree with can exist on the internet. Why does other people wanting to be right make you angry? Did you have an unhappy childhood?

And besides, you can't blame me. Apparently, Jerry Reinsdorf is responsible for all bad behavior on White Sox boards. Take it up with him. 

Edited by WestEddy
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

16 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And you're an argumentative tool who needs to prove something. You're the only one getting angry, here. A couple others calmly explained why Perez wasn't preferable. You take exception that opinions you don't agree with can exist on the internet. Why does other people wanting to be right make you angry? Did you have an unhappy childhood?

And besides, you can't blame me. Apparently, Jerry Reinsdorf is responsible for all bad behavior on White Sox boards. Take it up with him. 

I'm actually not angry at all. Your shtick is just fucking annoying, and I get a kick out of calling out douchebags on the internet. Your personal attacks are also pretty weak.

You are just here to argue with and troll White Sox fans who are fed up with the organization. It's a cute act, but it's been done before.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm actually not angry at all. Your shtick is just fucking annoying, and I get a kick out of calling out douechbags on the internet. Your personal attacks are also pretty weak.

You are just here to argue with and troll White Sox fans who are fed up with the organization. It's a cute act, but it's been done before.

Let the man do his job2975233-strong-water-delivery-man-smiling-as-he-carries-two-full-five-gallon-water-jugs-on-his-shoulders.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Highland said:

That was a bad game. 13 runners and only three runs? Moncada loafing on the basepaths. This should have been a win, and the fact that it wasn't shows how bad this team is. KC isn't as bad as in recent years, but to be swept by them even in Kansas City is lame. Trade Moncada now if you can. He's hitting well, maybe someone will be dumb enough to take him.

Maybe if they still had Jake Burger to play third base!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm actually not angry at all. Your shtick is just fucking annoying, and I get a kick out of calling out douchebags on the internet. Your personal attacks are also pretty weak.

Then I have a great idea, Goofy. If my comments hurt your fee-fees so horribly, why don't you just "ignore"? I scroll through so many of your dumb comments I fear my eyes will get stuck in "rolling" mode. Your little, incoherent temper tantrum certainly didn't call anybody out. Maybe you should find a hobby. Like not trying to police the internet. F-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk your own self off. 

Edited by WestEddy
  • Paper Bag 1

I know the team sucks and discussion is great but guys please don't get personal. Not worth it. While we pull our heads off here Jerry is laughing his ass off. Just saying not taking sides 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He makes $20 million this year and $22 million next year, and would have cost prospects. The Sox don't need him. You finally make some sense in wanting Grifol fired. There isn't another team in baseball who thought they were handing him a playoff contender, and then lose 101 gamed, that would have brought him back.

This.  Sal Perez was expensive and would’ve cost prospects in a trade.  He’s also old and wouldn’t have moved the needle on this awful team to bring them to contention.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This.  Sal Perez was expensive and would’ve cost prospects in a trade.  He’s also old and wouldn’t have moved the needle on this awful team to bring them to contention.

We've gone from debating if Harper or Manny helps the team more to whatever this is on Salvey V Martin. FFS man. This is a sad state of affairs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Because it would have cost prospects plus some of his salary? Duh? This is just idiotic man lmao

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Because it would have cost prospects plus some of his salary? Duh?

I've had it hammered into my head, here, that our farm system is barren of prospects beyond Colson Montgomery. 

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I've had it hammered into my head, here, that our farm system is barren of prospects beyond Colson Montgomery. 

You’ve watched this team.  Do you think Salvy really would have made a difference?