4/13 GT - Reds at Sox (1:10pm)

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s playing his way to being non-tendered.  What a flop 

What are you talking about, Vaughn just ran down one of the fastest guys in the game

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That was one of the more pathetic offensive efforts you will see.  It’s jaw dropping seeing how awful this lineup is.  

Worst part JR and Getz have no problem with this, see no issues at all 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

That was one of the more pathetic offensive efforts you will see.  It’s jaw dropping seeing how awful this lineup is.  

So true. How many guys in our box score (two hits) are even MLB players? Worthy of being on a roster?

Look at this lineup and people are expected to support this?? Grossman (cmon), Vaughn (.180 and officially a bust), Sheets (see Vaughn), Pillar (u kidding me?), Sosa (slow start, not promising), Bong DeJong (my gawd), Remillard (ugh), Fletcher (geezus), Mandy (he's as done as burnt toast), subs today Nicky (he should be in independent ball or a commercial on how to field and never hit), Shewmake (time to get a real job, ain't got a future in ball). Then Crochet (10 strikeouts yeah, but five earned runs in 4 2/3), Garcia, Mama Leone, Leasure suit and Kopech whom I still like. The relievers had a good day on a day we got 2 hits. Blah.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

What else can one say that hasn’t already been said but we are seeing history being made with the worst Sox team ever. These guys are worse than the 1962 Mets. 

They trot out there a team with about a 1 in 10 chance of winning on a given day. OK maybe 1.5 out of 10,

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think they end up signing Pham.  I'd DFA Pillar and bench Benintendi.  At least Pham has a pulse. 

What’s the long term plan than with Benintendi?  Sadly he’s going to be here longer than anyone on this roster.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Scooped up some scout seats last second and taking my older son to the game.  Today will be our World Series and hopefully Crochet can lead us to victory!

Let’s fucking go!

I hope you at least enjoyed the open bar

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think they end up signing Pham.  I'd DFA Pillar and bench Benintendi.  At least Pham has a pulse. 

DFA that sunk cost and send another message.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

This is barely even a AAA level squad outside of a few players 

We're already out of the race. Time to have some fun. Let one fan per day who can fit into a uniform sign a one-day deal and get one at bat at least. Maybe a high school or college player in the area gets an at bat.

Also, bring back former players and sign them to 3-day contracts. Like Ventura. Let him play 3 games at 3B. Ozzie, let him play SS 3 games. Jermaine Dye if he's still in shape, gets 3 days in RF, Konerko 3 days of DH, Bobby Jenks 3 games; Buehrle one start. Have some fun with it. Let Andy the Clown coach 3B one day. Let famous Chicagoans either get an at bat or coach 1B or 3B. 

Any other suggestions for fun at the park with this Sox team?

39 minutes ago, flavum said:

Disagree. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year for way too long. Grifol is a bad manager and will never be hired by another team ever. He’s gotta go. So does Montoyo. 

Montoyo is the manager in waiting.