4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

His injury date is listed as 3/20 on Fangraphs' Roster Resource, so maybe May 19?

The 60-Day clock starts game 1 of the season, so more end of May. Looked into this last year when thinking they should put Liam on 60-Day IL (and they should have).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

So they activate Eloy today and they're not even playing him? Why not just do it tomorrow or whenever the next time you're trying to get him into the lineup is? He does nothing for the bench since he can't play any positions.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Which reliever is possibly on the chop? Leone? Whoever gets overused today as a final good bye?

Not to mention we still have to roster Clevinger and eventually Pham.  How many more Latin players to we have to axe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

god he looks so stupid with the red gloves. there are guys that can get away with that, Eloy is not one of them. I know it doesn't matter but he still looks like a goof.

He is filling the void left by Moncada with unconventional equipment colors with  the same goofy results.

• Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So they activate Eloy today and they're not even playing him? Why not just do it tomorrow or whenever the next time you're trying to get him into the lineup is? He does nothing for the bench since he can't play any positions.

It's so fucking stupid! If he's good enough to come off the IL he sure as hell should be good enough to start! Why would you activate him if he's not ready to start?

This "roster crunch" on a 40 win team is just the cherry on top of this franchise's stupidity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's so fucking stupid! If he's good enough to come off the IL he sure as hell should be good enough to start! Why would you activate him if he's not ready to start?

This "roster crunch" on a 40 win team is just the cherry on top of this franchise's stupidity.

It is fucking stupid but remember Ozzie used to do that too and drive us crazy 😂

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I really wish there was a place to find out what brand of motor oil is used in the Sox team buses. That rage-fest could go on for weeks. 

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I swear it is just a way to save money.  One less day with another extra player on the roster, versus the guy from the IL who is getting paid no matter what.

• Paper Bag 1

I love that us Getz detractors were told ad nauseum that pitchers like Flexen, Clevinger, Soroka and Fedde were brought on board specifically to avoid rushing guys like Nastrini and Cannon.

And here we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I love that us Getz detractors were told ad nauseum that pitchers like Flexen, Clevinger, Soroka and Fedde were brought on board specifically to avoid rushing guys like Nastrini and Cannon.

And here we are.

I should probably add that the no-rush rotation lasted until April and they don't even have injuries to blame. Just pure suck.

• Paper Bag 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern (the Real time zone)
49 minutes ago, flavum said:

The game starts at 6:40 Central Daylight Time. Not sure what EST means this time of year unless you mean estimated.

There. Fixed it for you.

52 minutes ago, Quin said:

And here we are.

Excellent post.  Just made this same point in another thread.  Getz’s plan of wasting money on garbage veterans was never about giving the young guys enough time to marinate in the minors.  Getz only cared about waiting a few weeks to gain the extra year of control on the young guys.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern
55 minutes ago, Quin said:

And here we are.

And we were right. Nastrini and Cannon weren't rushed to start the season in the ML rotation. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Excellent post.  Just made this same point in another thread.  Getz’s plan of wasting money on garbage veterans was never about giving the young guys enough time to marinate in the minors.  Getz only cared about waiting a few weeks to gain the extra year of control on the young guys.

As it stands right now, Bryan Shaw's $1.5 million is the only "wasted" money. And they did give the young guys enough time in the minors to get that extra year of control you so wanted. Who cares if they were going to give Nastrini and Cannon their shot early or not? You act like you stumbled upon Nixon's Watergate tapes. 

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I love that the league tons of anti-tanking rules and Getz is operating as if none of them were put in place.

• Paper Bag 1