4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There were obviously no in house options and he had little money to spend.  Who was he supposed to bring in?  Who are these cheap great players with trade value? 

I would have liked them to sign Amed Rosario for cheap, as he’s only 28 and was good two years ago.

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There were obviously no in house options and he had little money to spend.  Who was he supposed to bring in?  Who are these cheap great players with trade value? 

If you already have the handicap of less money than any other owner will let you spend as a 1st time GM, shouldn't the signings you DO make, actually be someone that would be around longer than 3 weeks?

• Like 3

There is no doubt in my mind that when Getz met with Jerry last year after the firings, Jerry complained to him about the bad defense and Getz agreed to go away from the slugger/bad defense approach.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would have liked them to sign Amed Rosario for cheap, as he’s only 28 and was good two years ago.

I was all about this one as well.  Not a surprise that the Rays made better dumpster diving signings than the Sox.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

There is no doubt in my mind that when Getz met with Jerry last year after the firings, Jerry complained to him about the bad defense and Getz agreed to go away from the slugger/bad defense approach.

Funny thing is the defense started ot fine now back to being in thr bottom 3  or 4 in baseball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If that was the approach they fooled me.  This team hasn't slugged in years.  They play in one of the most hitter friendly parks in baseball and slap singles around the field.

Just now, Green Line said:

If that was the approach they fooled me.  This team hasn't slugged in years.  They play in one of the most hitter friendly parks in baseball and slap singles around the field.

Agreed 

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They didn’t need both DeJong and Lopez. One for the bench? Sure.

They didn’t need either of these bums.  Both were going to be DFA candidates from the start of the regular season.  $6 million thrown into the fire pit.  🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023