4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I didn't see the Fletcher play, but the winds are BRUTAL and gusty today.  Typically when that happens at this park the winds above circle the opposite direction below the upper deck level.  The balls in the air will go up at one angle, and then when they catch the lower jet stream, they suddenly move back the opposite way.  You really see it on IF pop ups and high fouls behind home plate.  Players will start running one way, and then all of the sudden have to break the opposite direction almost at the very end.

He just slipped and fell. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So once Clevinger joins the team, the starting rotation will look something like this?

(1) Crochet (2) Clevinger (3) Fedde (4) Nastrini (5) Cannon

Dare I say that’s bordering on a respectable rotation?

It's at least interesting to watch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Benintendi is a zero tool player

I just don’t see how a guy goes from a solid 1.5 to 2 war player to just absolutely awful so quickly in what should be his prime years. It’s not like he’s 33-35. He can’t possibly be this bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I just don’t see how a guy goes from a solid 1.5 to 2 war player to just absolutely awful so quickly in what should be his prime years. It’s not like he’s 33-35. He can’t possibly be this bad. 

Yeah I'm hoping he is just in some weird slump. He wasn't even this bad last year and he was hurt.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

image.png

• Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Are they going to DFA Soroka or move him to the bullpen when Clevinger is ready? 

Flexen would make more sense. Soroka is still young and usable.

• Like 1

Nice showing by Cannon.

Pretty much the guy we've seen pitch in the minors. Going to throw strikes, induce contact, and doesn't miss an excessive amount of bats. Could be a pretty decent back-end guy.

• Like 2