4/24 - Good Guys @ Twins 6:40 CT - Crochet Vs. Ryan

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lee is going to be a nice fucking player.

Hahn did a solid on his final trades. Even Burger for Eder is a wash at worst right now. Sure, Burger had a solid half season for Miami but he's also a 28 year old DH. Eder could still be something. 

Hahn was good at one thing, and that was selling. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

But they could have given him extra rest 

The second start of the season, I believe they skipped one of the regular starters to have Crochet pitch on normal rest. I pointed it out at the time. Seemed like a needless mistake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Hahn did a solid on his final trades. Even Burger for Eder is a wash at worst. 

The Burger trade was awful. It’s fine they dealt him, but he had actual value and getting someone who might not recover his stuff is bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Burger trade was awful. It’s fine they dealt him, but he had actual value and getting someone who might not recover his stuff is bad.

Think about who Jake Burger has been outside of the 2nd half of 2023.

Burger is all slug.  He brings nothing else to the table. He hit .216 and had an OBP below .300 for the Sox. It was a miracle they were able to get Eder for him. 

When the deal happened, I thought the Marlins were on drugs. 

I will disagree that Burger had actual value when they traded him. 

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Hahn did a solid on his final trades. Even Burger for Eder is a wash at worst right now. Sure, Burger had a solid half season for Miami but he's also a 28 year old DH. Eder could still be something. 

I've got some bad news about how old Eder is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I've got some bad news about how old Eder is

I know that Eder is 25 but he's got all season to figure it out. 

I wonder if the common denominator for Eder being ok before the trade and terrible afterward and Burger taking off with Miami is that the Sox are a terrible organization. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Burger is a DFA candidate in a couple years. He had very limited trade value last July, let’s be real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Burger is a DFA candidate in a couple years. He had very limited trade value last July, let’s be real.

I’ve heard the exact opposite of what his value was at the deadline.  The Sox thought they were getting a top 50 type guy back.

2 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Is anyone on the coaching staff even attempting to help AV? He obvi completely lost. 

That’s hilarious you think they have capable hitting coaches.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve heard the exact opposite of what his value was at the deadline.  The Sox thought they were getting a top 50 type guy back.

I find it hard to believe that. Burger was a fun player, but he objectively sucked with the Sox. Again, outside of a 6 week heater he brings nothing but slug. 2012 Adam Dunn had more value, because at least Dunn still got on base. 

I find it hilarious how Dunn is reviled by Sox fans and Burger is beloved because Dunn was objectively a better player. More power and more On base. All I can think of is that it has to do with salary figures.  That's Jerry's money, not yours. 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

They were never getting a top guy for a mediocre DH.  It was either take a flaw with some ceiling or take a lesser guy with no ceiling. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Think about who Jake Burger has been outside of the 2nd half of 2023.

Burger is all slug.  He brings nothing else to the table. He hit .216 and had an OBP below .300 for the Sox. It was a miracle they were able to get Eder for him. 

When the deal happened, I thought the Marlins were on drugs. 

I will disagree that Burger had actual value when they traded him. 

Jake Burger is a likeable, fan favorite that's easy for a franchise to market and advertise. 

The Sox organizational philosophy doesn't align with that clearly. 

11 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I know that Eder is 25 but he's got all season to figure it out. 

I wonder if the common denominator for Eder being ok before the trade and terrible afterward and Burger taking off with Miami is that the Sox are a terrible organization. 

Or the guy is 60 innings past TJS.

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Jake Burger is a likeable, fan favorite that's easy for a franchise to market and advertise. 

The Sox organizational philosophy doesn't align with that clearly. 

Burger is "likeable" because the current team is awful. If we had a good team and had Jake Burger starting,  everyone would be looking to replace him.

• Like 2