4/25 Games

BamaDoc

5IP 4H 1ER 2BB 6K for Batista. Had some deep counts and a little traffic at times, but handled it fine. The opposing starter was a very solid RHP prospect (Rays top 10, 1.13 ERA coming in) but he got chased early by a 4 run inning.

Clevinger seemed to have a 60-65 pitch limit, and finished with 3.1IP 4H 1ER 2BB 3K.

Iriarte just gave up his first ER after 4 consecutive full counts. The first 3 were walks to load the bases, and the last was a grounder that was a little too slow to turn two and end the inning.

He finishes with 4.2IP 1H 1ER 5BB 4K. It's the first time he's had such a rough inning (0 walks in his last outing). I thought he got squeezed just a bit.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Grindy Ass multi-position white guy? The South Side is going to fall in love.

Everyone's jumping on you for this but I was thinking the same thing about inheriting that position. Lillibridge, Saladino, Mendick, Remillard, half of this year's roster. The only thing working against him is that his last name is a little too bland.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce_Blixton said:

Everyone's jumping on you for this but I was thinking the same thing about inheriting that position. Lillibridge, Saladino, Mendick, Remillard, half of this year's roster. The only thing working against him is that his last name is a little too bland.

But Leury Legend is still the all-time Sox utility guy, along with guys like Grebeck, Yolmer Sanchez and Pablo Ozuna.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Oh I love Baldwin. I think he's going to be a staple. Just an observation.

It's going to come down to his defensive skills and stolen base/PR ability...very rare are the guys like Zobrist or Chone Figgins that can legitimately play every position on the field and also hit/run pretty well.  Jose Oquendo is more the traditional archetype.