Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

41 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

AV is not a major leaguer. He cannot play any other positions than 1B, and he's terrible at it.  He's literally a zero tool player at this point

I agree.  I can’t believe he hasn’t been sent down yet.  I would’ve preferred keeping Pillar, sending down AV, and moving Sheets to 1b.  I feel like that’s better than any team that forces AV into the lineup and either Eloy or Gavin into the outfield.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well no s%*#. Someone alert the GM and owner.

This is the most alarming thing about Getz & Pedro IMO.  Especially Getz, he apparently doesn’t understand that when you assemble a roster with a bunch of try-hards…the minute it starts to go south, they start pressing, and become even worse.  They immediately turn from fringe MLB players to guys that don’t belong on a AAA roster.  Pedro’s response seems to be having them work harder in the cage, in the pen, on the field, etc.  That’s what I thought was funny when he initially said he wasn’t going to watch the eclipse.  Bro, you manage a last place team, you can take 5 minutes to go watch an exceptionally rare occurrence.  He should have these dudes in the club popping bottles and going to Top Golf, then tell them to fucking hit a home run every at bat.  At least then they’d loosen the f*** up and maybe be able to hit .200.  Thats why I can be convinced that Ozzie could take over.  At least then, it would borderline be a reality show and mildly entertaining.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This is the Richie Zisk (pitch at risk to Rich Zisk) signing revisited. Sox are gonna start mashing with Wham Bam Pham! Marketing should go nuts. There's now a reason to come out to the park once every six days: to see Pham and Crochet. Wins are comin' just wait n see."

Ozzie calls him Crochette. This move will cost JR probably around the exact same amount it would cost him to launch Pedro and pay someone else. IMO, that would be a better way to spend his limited cash.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Ortega was hitting .241 in Charlotte.

Just keep Pillar dear lord, if only for his defense. The OF defense is going to be all-time bad. Getz is flailing like a dying fish.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty said:

This is the most alarming thing about Getz & Pedro IMO.  Especially Getz, he apparently doesn’t understand that when you assemble a roster with a bunch of try-hards…the minute it starts to go south, they start pressing, and become even worse.  They immediately turn from fringe MLB players to guys that don’t belong on a AAA roster.  Pedro’s response seems to be having them work harder in the cage, in the pen, on the field, etc.  That’s what I thought was funny when he initially said he wasn’t going to watch the eclipse.  Bro, you manage a last place team, you can take 5 minutes to go watch an exceptionally rare occurrence.  He should have these dudes in the club popping bottles and going to Top Golf, then tell them to fucking hit a home run every at bat.  At least then they’d loosen the f*** up and maybe be able to hit .200.  Thats why I can be convinced that Ozzie could take over.  At least then, it would borderline be a reality show and mildly entertaining.

You're spot on, couldn't agree more. The last thing a team full of try hard dopes like Vaughn needs is some tightass manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Fletcher for Mena is already a horrid trade. Was the day it was made. Fletcher seems to be more AAAA fodder like Sosa. 

Was willing to give Fletcher a shot but other than being lefty he has no tools. Statcast data is middling at best, production worse.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Was willing to give Fletcher a shot but other than being lefty he has no tools. Statcast data is middling at best, production worse.

Yeah, same here. It was a terrible trade because of his age. If he was 24 then at least he'd have a few years to figure his s%*# out, but at 26......not so much. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Who in the hell is Rafael Ortega??

I legit said the same thing.  I pay decent attention to the minor leagues but I have no idea who the f*** this even is.

• Like 2

A little off subject but I was looking for information on Mr Ortega and I fell into the web of Spotrac.....I truly had no idea that Nicky Lopez was the 4th highest paid guy on the team....I thought he was on a league minimum contract

9 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I legit said the same thing.  I pay decent attention to the minor leagues but I have no idea who the f*** this even is.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/rafael-ortega/10323/stats?position=OF

Just another 30+ year old bad journeyman. Getz is shuffling the chairs on the Titanic full of guys trying to hang on to a baseball career for dear life 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Who in the hell is Rafael Ortega??

32 years old.  Will be 33 next month.  Hit .219 in 47 games last year for the Mets.  Hitting .241 in Charlotte.  Fangraphs makes it look like he’s okay in the outfield.  Wont make any star plays but also doesn’t miss routine s%*#.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Please collect all the washed up and never were 30+ year old outfielders. Forget Birmingham being the future of the Sox. I bet they could beat the mlb team is a 7 game series now.

• Like 3