Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What a great trade that was.  Fletcher has been so bad he is being replaced by a 32 year old journeyman.  Getz is the worst GM of all time.

Getz has done enough dumb s%*# to warrant getting whacked already. You know Jerry won't do it though. 

I suggest everyone click on my avatar and take note. 

It says: The less we care, the happier we'll be. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

I know they won’t but a fucking beat reporter needs to press Getz on this.  I want to hear him even try to make this make sense.

2024 Charlotte stats:

Colas, 25 years old, .246 BA

Deloach, 25 years old, .268 BA

Ortega, 32 years old, .241 BA

Last year for Fletcher at AAA:

25 years old, .291 BA

It’s not like Ortega is some defensive stud.  This legit makes zero sense. It’s a lost season and the former director of player development, now GM, is calling up a bunch of MLB journeyman in their 30s trying to hang on for one last chance in the show instead of young guys to get a team to 55 wins instead of 50.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 4

I expected Fletcher to get bounced, but really hoped I'd be wrong.

The Ortega moves makes no sense.  And I know Horn has been terrible, but how'd he go before Justin Anderson?  I truly have no fucking clue what Getz vision is here.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I know they won’t but a fucking beat reporter needs to press Getz on this.  I want to hear him even try to make this make sense.

2024 Charlotte stats:

Colas, 25 years old, .246 BA

Deloach, 25 years old, .268 BA

Ortega, 32 years old, .241 BA

Last year for Fletcher at AAA:

25 years old, .291 BA

It’s not like Ortega is some defensive stud.  This legit makes zero sense. It’s a lost season and the former director of player development, now GM, is calling up a bunch of MLB journeyman in their 30s trying to hang on for one last chance in the show instead of young guys to get a team to 55 wins instead of 50.

Optimistic. At this point I think they are literally trying to do one thing: not set the all time loss record. That is their only goal.

• Paper Bag 1

I wonder if Horn will clear waivers…he’s looked like s%*# this season,  but he’s mid 20s and looked decent at AA last season.  He’s never been this bad before so “flushing it” this early into the season…doesnt seem smart.

Man is out here running a professional MLB organization, like he is playing MLB the Show at 2 AM.

You made the move for a 26 year old OFer, gave up on a 21 year old pitcher. You are 3-22, this season is over. Play the kid you traded for all season, and see at the end of the year, if you have anything.

How can ANYONE be ok with the clownshow in charge?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rusty said:

I wonder if Horn will clear waivers…he’s looked like s%*# this season,  but he’s mid 20s and looked decent at AA last season.  He’s never been this bad before so “flushing it” this early into the season…doesnt seem smart.

I would bet that he does not clear waivers. 

• Like 1

All Getz is doing at this point is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, it doesn’t matter what he does, this team will be lucky to match the 40 wins by the 1962 Mets. 
Bottom line is Getz doesn’t have a clue and is just as bad as the field manager, both are in way over their heads.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

Pham has played 21 games in CF since 2018....

And these dumbasses throw him right out there in his first game on the roster. You have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

And these dumbasses throw him right out there in his first game on the roster. You have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

Like seriously, how is there not more concern about how bad Getz seems to be at this job?

• Like 4

I for one, could have NEVER guessed that a guy with no record of success at a lesser position, and no skill set for his new position, would struggle with all facets of being a MLB GM.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Wait is he actually in CF tonight?  I haven’t seen the line up yet 🤣

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I for one, could have NEVER guessed that a guy with no record of success at a lesser position, and no skill set for his new position, would struggle with all facets of being a MLB GM.

But he did such a good job developing players!

• Paper Bag 2