AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No Motor City Madman allowed ! 😉

There are no rules here!!!

But if you insist....that'll be a 1 off.

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nice to see some bats get going and Garrett perform. At this point I'd settle for just being a 110 loss team with some promising young guys.

I honestly think that's what we will be seeing at the end of the year. Bad year record wise, but some form of hope for the future with young guys doing okay in the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I honestly think that's what we will be seeing at the end of the year. Bad year record wise, but some form of hope for the future with young guys doing okay in the 2nd half of the season.

Nice debut for Ramos 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

That would be a welcomed development.

Posted (edited)

It's amazing how if you acquire just a few players worthy of being on an MLB roster it can improve the team. Pham and Mendick were godsends although I realize Mendick is hurt. Crochet is legit. With Clevinger coming Sox are just 1-2 regulars (in the lineup) and 1-2 relievers from being merely a bad team, not historically bad. 

Lousy bullpen and need for two more good hitters on an everyday basis will keep the Sox over 100 losses but again, the addition of Pham and Mendick and coming up, Clevinger, make the Sox merely a rotten team, not a gawd-awful historically bad club. Shows you if Getz actually would have done something in December and January we might not be THIS miserable a squd. Peace out.

p.s. Ramos might be hitterish too.

Edited by greg775

48 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It's amazing how if you acquire just a few players worthy of being on an MLB roster it can improve the team. Pham and Mendick were godsends although I realize Mendick is hurt. Crochet is legit. With Clevinger coming Sox are just 1-2 regulars (in the lineup) and 1-2 relievers from being merely a bad team, not historically bad. 

Lousy bullpen and need for two more good hitters on an everyday basis will keep the Sox over 100 losses but again, the addition of Pham and Mendick and coming up, Clevinger, make the Sox merely a rotten team, not a gawd-awful historically bad club. Shows you if Getz actually would have done something in December and January we might not be THIS miserable a squd. Peace out.

p.s. Ramos might be hitterish too.

What happens when the guys you mentioned are all traded at the deadline? Then you have two final months of the club being even worse than when they started the season. 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

What happens when the guys you mentioned are all traded at the deadline? Then you have two final months of the club being even worse than when they started the season. 

This is why I don't like tanking and rebuilding and flipping players and all that. This team will show us (for a while) how easy it is to be mediocre in baseball. The Sox as I said before IMO are two good relievers and two more everyday players (in lineup) from being a .440 to .460 type team. Without even trying you can get there. So you flip Pham and Mendick and Crochet and Clevinger and Kopech etc and u are back to historically bad team with "hopes" the prospects that you acquired are good MLB players in 3 years. To that I throw up my hands and say 'ugh.' And to that I continue to not buy mlb.com and not watch a single game of this woebegone franchise.

• TLR 1

23 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This is why I don't like tanking and rebuilding and flipping players and all that. This team will show us (for a while) how easy it is to be mediocre in baseball. The Sox as I said before IMO are two good relievers and two more everyday players (in lineup) from being a .440 to .460 type team. Without even trying you can get there. So you flip Pham and Mendick and Crochet and Clevinger and Kopech etc and u are back to historically bad team with "hopes" the prospects that you acquired are good MLB players in 3 years. To that I throw up my hands and say 'ugh.' And to that I continue to not buy mlb.com and not watch a single game of this woebegone franchise.

Greg, that's still a bad team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Quin said:

Greg, that's still a bad team.

Agreed. But my point was supposed to be that Sox have actually been merely a bad team since the arrival of Pham and Mendick. Think about how it would not have taken that much over the last winter as long as they spent just a few bucks to at least acquire a handful of players that could make the squad merely bad, not embarrassingly bad. Inexcusable. And if the Sox flip everybody like Lip Man said then we're probably guaranteed another 6-22 start next season. Surprised the commish doesn't contract the Sox.

12 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Something like 1999

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure if you had Lee Ordonez Konerko Valentin Thomas Durham Singleton…best farm system in the entire sport, etc.

I know that but they started poorly in 99 and turned up a notch second half. Was using it as an example. Wasn't saying it would be the same

• Like 1