Sox @ Rays 5-7, 5:50PM CDT

What a stinker. I'm not a fan of playing this Ortega guy. I'm a little surprised we've laid down and died for a lousy Rays team that we mauled in Chicago. Don't know if any of you saw Ozzie's little rant about how he's a Sox fan and after game one he was really depressed/ticked off. He agreed with his partner on the show there was no accountability.

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Scotty Pods wears a rug.

Somehow the best post of the thread.

That's where we are as an organization.

I feel like we have be near the end of the road with Soroka. He’s been terrible and it doesn’t appear he’s close. His stuff won’t play in the pen. It was a worthwhile gamble, but you’re just not going to be able to turn him into a meaningful trade asset at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fathom said:

If you believe Bob then you're losing touch with reality.  He's a mouthpiece for the Sox and just posted that to draw interest on JR's orders no doubt.  C'mon Fathom, you really believe there were teams interested in Bummer and were willing to give the Sox something of value in return?

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I feel like we have be near the end of the road with Soroka. He’s been terrible and it doesn’t appear he’s close. His stuff won’t play in the pen. It was a worthwhile gamble, but you’re just not going to be able to turn him into a meaningful trade asset at this point. 

Yeah, maybe stick him in pen as a long-reliever and if he ends up being good, use him in higher leverages. But yeah, he's been bad.

2 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If you believe Bob then you're losing touch with reality.  He's a mouthpiece for the Sox and just posted that to draw interest on JR's orders no doubt.  C'mon Fathom, you really believe there were teams interested in Bummer and were willing to give the Sox something of value in return?

Yes absolutely teams were.  I know for a fact the Cubs were.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Then I wouldn't imagine they were offering much more beyond a Shuster/Gowens/Shewmake package.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Im pretty sure its only posters on this board that think Bummer is a worthless piece of garbage.

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

Im pretty sure its only posters on this board that think Bummer is a worthless piece of garbage.

Bummer is a pretty good pitcher.  But he's paid like one too.  The Sox did fine in this trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Bummer is a pretty good pitcher.  But he's paid like one too.  The Sox did fine in this trade. 

The Sox did fine in this trade?  Do you mean at the time of the trade or currently and in hindsight?

The Sox got back a bad 2B, a bad utility infielder, and two bad starters that together make more money than the Bummer this season ($8.8 million to Bummer’s $5.5 million).

Bummer’s contract:  24:$5.5M, 25:$7.25M club option ($1.25M buyout) 26:$7.5M club option ($1.25M buyout)

4 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Then I wouldn't imagine they were offering much more beyond a Shuster/Gowens/Shewmake package.

They were, but Sox went quantity over quality