2 hours ago2 hr 8 hours ago, pcintelligence said:Sox went 7-6 v Guards no dreaming.Should have been 8-5.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, hawkeyesox said:I like to think the Sox management are looking to re- shape their whole approach to pitching and roster constructionTotal moneyball strategy on pitching staff.Get 12-14 good arms out there and get 27 outs every nite as a group effort nitely.30 million/year starters kill your ability to be nimble. That guy has arm trouble you are screwed. Spread good money among 14 guys with power arms. Everybody can go 2-3 innings and everybody gets plenty of work.The way arms break down these days just spread the risk.part of me wonders how much easier it is as a manager to coach a bunch of kids who aren't multi millionaires (yet) and haven't become jaded because they're rich. money changes everyone. I often think about this when it comes to MIL, TB, and CLE. obviously their front office is limited from the start, but I wonder if their front office would prefer it that way because young talented and cheap players are a lot easier to mold into the kind of players for that particular system/philosophy
2 hours ago2 hr This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.
2 hours ago2 hr 3 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:Sox win the series 3-1. Cleveland’s rest will kill their luck mojo.I got tickets for a game 4 so this would be absolutely amazing.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:Noted Cubs fan Bruce LeVineLine actually made a decent point on The Score this morning that this series favors Venable and the Sox bullpen as they will have two days of rest between each game. So Venable can go a bit wild with his bullpen usage as he loves to do.Probably nitpicking, but I gotta say I don’t think Venable actually LOVES going wild with his bullpen usage. I think what he WOULD love is having a couple starters that he can bank on going 6 innings, but he’s doing what he can with the very flawed roster he was given.The overall point stands though. The extra rest is huge for the Sox pitching strategy.
2 hours ago2 hr with days off between game 1 and game 2 and another one before game 3 I imagine we just go bullpen games for the first one for sure then Burke starts game 2 with a short leash. I kind of like the bullpen games when we have days off, all 12-13 guys should be available to throw including starters during the season.
1 hour ago1 hr 10 hours ago, Green Line said:I don't think Davis Martin should pitch in the next series unless they completely run out of pitchers. Please god no.Hasn't he been significantly better his last 4 starts?
1 hour ago1 hr Stray thought but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a professional sports team that seems to like genuinely love each other like these guys do.
53 minutes ago53 min 56 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:Hasn't he been significantly better his last 4 starts?His final start was not good, but yes since he came back he has been much better than Green line would admit
44 minutes ago44 min It looks like we should have good weather for the ALDS. Sunny and in the 60s for games 1 and 2 in Cleveland and then forecast for next Wed and Thurs is sunny and in the 70s at home. If it goes to Game 5, extended forecast says sunny and 65 in Cle that day.
19 minutes ago19 min 34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:His final start was not good, but yes since he came back he has been much better than Green line would admitNot good is an understatement
11 minutes ago11 min 7 minutes ago, Green Line said:Not good is an understatementIt wasn’t so bad that it erased the starts prior
9 minutes ago9 min 1 hour ago, Southwest Sider said:I got tickets for a game 4 so this would be absolutely amazing.I'm going to game 3.Hopefully its a night game
7 minutes ago7 min 12 hours ago, wegner said:I wonder who starts on Saturday?Delete Edited 4 minutes ago4 min by 2Deep
7 minutes ago7 min 10 minutes ago, Green Line said:Not good is an understatementIf someone is expecting the guy from June to show up tomorrow they’re mistaken.
5 minutes ago5 min 1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:Is it Saturday yet?No yet bro.....let me enjoy of Friday night of drinking bourbon, listening to music, being jolly and giddy about my White sox before I get nervous and anxious on Saturday
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.