Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM

Featured Replies

So if we're starting our good left-handed lineup against their right handed opener, that pitcher is only going one inning and then they're changing over to a lefty. If we then swap out to all of our right handed bats, then we won't have use of any of our good left-handed bats late in the game when Cleveland goes back to a bullpen righty. Almost wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to go ahead and start the right handed hitting lineup to face their bulk innings lefty and save Peters, Ant and Benny for the back half of the game.

Edited by superchops70

  • Replies 196
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Or we could just go with

13 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

So if we're starting our good left-handed lineup against their right handed opener, that pitcher is only going one inning and then they're changing over to a lefty. If we then swap out to all of our right handed bats, then we won't have use of any of our good left-handed bats late in the game when Cleveland goes back to a bullpen righty. Almost wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to go ahead and start the right handed hitting lineup to face their bulk innings lefty and save Peters, Ant and Benny for the back half of the game.

Or we could just start our best overall lineup and just make substitutions later in the game. I mean, Braden got a double right handed the other day, and Colson squibbed a double down the 3rd base line in game 1 he probably will never be able to replicate in his career. I would just send out the best nine overall and make spot subs.

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Or we could just go with

Or we could just start our best overall lineup and just make substitutions later in the game. I mean, Braden got a double right handed the other day, and Colson squibbed a double down the 3rd base line in game 1 he probably will never be able to replicate in his career. I would just send out the best nine overall and make spot subs.

Great idea but you KNOW that ain't how Venable rolls

Foster Griffin or Messick will be in the game by the second inning. and Williams will throw at some point and Cade Smith will go at least two innings today.

I am not sure if that was the best course of action for Sale in the first round but it is do or die.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully the guy is happy. I know there was some bitterness over the way he got run out, and I don't blame him. Dude deserves his victory lap every chance he gets.

I like the lineup. LFG.

10 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Beni benched is interesting. I do like this lineup a lot better. It's much more balanced. We had too many lefties just sitting in the middle of the lineup before.

All ima say is: $7.50 day pass for the Metra from the South Suburbs which drops you off at the stadium is better than $100 parking. For the people who love parking more.

Do we have much insight into the plans for pitching today? I would guess they'd like to get a couple innings out of Newcomb. We haven't yet seen Cleveland's lineup for today so it will be interesting to see what they do...but I'm guessing they will use a lineup that is geared towards left-handed pitching. Sox don't really have trustworthy right-handed pitchers available, so it would be kind of a dare: you can use your best pitchers or you can match up, but you can't do both. That leaves an opening for Fedde, Davis Martin, or Sandlin.

If you get them to sub in the vs. RHP lineup, then you can go with Hagen at some point (although he might be preferred for dealing with the tougher matchups). I also think this might be the game we see some Noah Schultz, provided they can find him a pocket of lefties. If Cleveland takes a ~3+ run lead, I think it becomes even likelier that we see Davis or Noah on the mound. That said I think Noah has a better shot of pitching in a close game than Davis.

By the way I'd like to complain that the biggest game the Sox play in over 20 years is happening in the middle of the afternoon on a workday. I have a lot of flexibility at work but couldn't make it happen for this one. Probably won't get to see much until the 5th or 6th inning. Super annoying.

i gotta think they will save Hagen for a potential game 4 (who will slot into game 2 of ALCS if he doesn't go long) so today will be Newcomb, Fedde, Shultz and Hicks closing

Edited by EloyJenkins

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

i gotta think they will save Hagen for a potential game 4 (who will slot into game 2 of ALCS if he doesn't go long) so today will be Newcomb, Fedde, Shultz and Hicks closing

Taylor will definitely be available

Why am I so nervous about this game? Am I just being a giant p****? I have a lot of ptsd when it comes to playing the friggen Guardians.

I know it's all hands on deck for Clev today but what about the Sox? Do you save some of your arms for a possible game 4 or do you go all in today?

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Why am I so nervous about this game? Am I just being a giant p****? I have a lot of ptsd when it comes to playing the friggen Guardians.

It's baseball, just about anything can happen. Being the best team and playing better than the opponent doesn't even guarantee success. So yeah, it makes sense to feel nervous even though a lot of bad things will have to happen for the Sox to end up dropping the entire series.

Gonna have to miss most of this one again. Brutal starting times.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

By the way I'd like to complain that the biggest game the Sox play in over 20 years is happening in the middle of the afternoon on a workday. I have a lot of flexibility at work but couldn't make it happen for this one. Probably won't get to see much until the 5th or 6th inning. Super annoying.

Not the Sox doing, in fact they probably had nothing to say in the matter. TV dictates all.

I’ll get to see the first 45 minutes then should be able to jump back in around 6. Hopefully we’re up by about 27 when I get back on.

I’m so freakin’ nervous/excited I can’t eat and just thinking about winning today chokes me up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.