The Official Parade Thread

southsideirish71

Edit: Parade can be seen online live at www.wgntv.com

If you can take off work get your asses out there. If you work downtown get your assses down there. If you are in school, get your asses down there.

Told my boss, I dont think I will be coming into work. His response, I am surprised you are here today. That was already a gift.

LETS SHOW THE WORLD HOW THE SOX FANS CELEBRATE, PACK THOSE STREETS AND CHEER ON OUR BOYS. WORLD CHAMPS BABY

Edited by Chisoxfn

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a deal with my boss...when the sox win the world series, i get the next day off work. So, i have today off.

I then called her today and said i'm going to the rally tommorrow around lunch time. Her response, "go have fun! this only happens once in a lifetime!"

Hell yea.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
um...so what exactly does "tickertape" mean...cause its been driving me mad...cause my friend said it like it was more special

"theres gonna be the parade tomorrow, not monday"

"really?"

"yeah, a TiCKERTAPE one!"

10075352.jpg

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Is this going to be on TV for some reason?  I know it probably won't be, but I'm in MA and I can't watch the local coverage.

Do you get superstation WGN? I figure that's my only hope. Either that or trying to stream NBC5 again...see the "Plane has landed" thread for a link to them.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
11:00: Parade Starts at the Cell

12:30: Rally Begins

1:30: Approximate end of the Rally

Thanks Kalapse. I'm trying to get my plans straight with the train schedule and everything. It sucks because I have to be home for work at 5, but I'm not gonna show up until 7 because nobody goes to f***ing Dairy Queen at the end of October.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...tory?id=2205592

CHICAGO -- The city of Chicago isn't wasting any time celebrating the White Sox's World Series victory. Mayor Richard Daley said there will be a ticker-tape parade in the Loop on Friday to honor the new world champions.

Players, coaches and their families will start a motorcade at US Cellular Field. It will wind through Bridgeport, China Town and other neighborhoods before arriving downtown for the parade and fan-appreciation rally.

The ticker-tape parade will start at the Chicago Board of Trade and go up LaSalle Street to Wacker Drive.

Daley says the city moved up its plans for the celebration to tomorrow instead of Monday because many players wanted to leave town.

Details, including the time of the parade, are still being worked out.

Looks like the players wanted it moved up and got their wish. I won't be able to make it to the Cell at 11:00, but I'll try to catch them on LaSalle.

Edited by nitetrain8601

Didn't the Bears have a ticker tape parade? I thought the parade will be Sunday?

f***! I have a 10:30 meeting tomorrow morning...I can't cancel, however I am going to shorten the s*** out of that meeting.

I will be there by noon :banghead

I'm calling in sick tomorrow. They can't fire you without a notice, so I'm not hesitating to skip tomorrow. It's gonna be spectacular witnessing a ticker tape parade in person.. and seeing so many people wearing Sox gear and watching everyone go nuts as the team goes by. I can't even imagine. Tomorrow's gonna be THE BEST DAY EVER!!! :gosox4: