7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
well, we have 3 against the Royals and the Twins have 3 against the Rangers. It would be real nice to pick up 2 games on the Twins here.

And the Yanks play the Blue Jays, but they miss Halladay. Have no fear though, we'll get him over the wknd.

And the Yanks play the Blue Jays, but they miss Halladay. Have no fear though, we'll get him over the wknd.

Well it's time the White Sox start playing to their capabilities. This team could look slightly different for tomorrow nite's game ... we'll see.

As for Halladay, the Sox have missed him several times due to fortuitous events, my feeling is bring him on, let's raise the level of competitiveness and start playing better.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Well it's time the White Sox start playing to their capabilities. This team could look slightly different for tomorrow nite's game ... we'll see.

As for Halladay, the Sox have missed him several times due to fortuitous events, my feeling is bring him on, let's raise the level of competitiveness and start playing better.

Yep, I agree. If we can't start beating good teams/pitchers, this team has NO CHANCE of making the playoffs. If we continue to play the way we have been for another 3 or 4 weeks, we're going to find ourselves too far back in the WC standings.

A perfect team to get something going for the sox even though KC always gives us fits. Hopefully The Dougal can actually show KC why trading him was a bad idea, especially because Lumsden is going to be ace-ing us in about 2 years.

Hernandez is pretty much a homeless man's CC Sabathia in both appearance and skill, I would expect you guys to pound him. (Mostly I hate the idiot for drilling Carlos Guillen in the skull last year instigating the brawl.)

This will be a rare time when I'm cheering for you guys to pummel the opposing pitcher. ;)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
How about all of you guys start earning your paychecks at some point? Thanks, that'd be great.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Well said!!!!!

There is NO reason we don't sweep this series. That being said, lets get this spiff started tonight.

One more thing. Remember everyone this is the royals, a glorified AAAA team. We should dominate them, and leave them aside, like the Tigers do. So if our pitching shuts this team down dont get excited like they have turned the corner. Lets see how they do in the next few series against good teams that can hit.

Our pitching needs to dominate the AAAA Royals. If they get rocked against this, yuck.

Should really sweep. I don't want to hear that the woyals awe still a weally good team because they awe in the MLB.

BS, they're one of the worst teams in the history of baseball. The Tigers have lost, what, 1 game to them? We should go in and sweep them, no other way around it.