2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
I.LOVE.THIS.JOKE.

IT.WON'T.GO.AWAY.

IT.HAS.NOT.GOTTEN.OLD.

IT.GETS.FUNNIER.WITH.AGE.

THANKS. :D

RICKIE.WEEKS.IS.A.DUMBASS.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
I can't believe the A's gave up Harden. If Harden and Soriano stay healthy, this is your NL Winner.

I still think the Dbacks are the team best equipped from the NL to beat them. But as of right now, they're the clear favorite. The Brewers have officially been dismissed.

The Cubs just proved that they are serious about winning their division and having the desire to go deep into the playoffs. They not only win the series, but they sweep the Brewers who are now five games behind. Not to mention that the Cubs pitching, defense, and offense was on their game.

On paper, this is exactly how dominant that Cub team should be.

I'll say it again, anything less than getting to the WS will be a complete failure for that team. I don't care which of their players get hurt, or what other team gets red hot. No more excuses, if they fail they suck balls.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Tallon, Bowmans, and McDonaugh of the Blackhawks are in the Cub seats today

For some reason the McDounogh fawning over the cubs is getting to me. I understand that is the disposable income market they are looking for I just get the feeling that old school Sox fans are Hawk fans and old school cub fans are hillbillies that can only afford to back one team, the cubs.

No reason for this line of thinking whatsoever.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
Yikes. Sweep 4 at Milwaukee than lost game one at home to Pirates 3-0.

Lost in all the hoopla during the past few days: since mid-June, the Cubs are exactly a .500 team. Basically, they made their bones with an early home-heavy schedule dominated by games with the Pirates. They've really been treading water since. Maybe they'll turn it on. Maybe they won't. But these are facts.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
The Cubs are really going to regret passing on Matt Wieters in last years draft. The guy is absolutely raking and I could see him in Baltimore by the end of the year. It's suprising too because the Cubs aren't really afraid of taking Boras guys.

Yeah, and they passed on him to take a 3rd basemen too when they have Aramis Ramirez. Although Wieters is a catcher of course, and Soto has been solid this year.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
For some reason the McDounogh fawning over the cubs is getting to me. I understand that is the disposable income market they are looking for I just get the feeling that old school Sox fans are Hawk fans and old school cub fans are hillbillies that can only afford to back one team, the cubs.

No reason for this line of thinking whatsoever.

Well he used to be team president of the Cubs, so it kind of makes perfect sense. He is playing to a market that is familiar to him

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Well he used to be team president of the Cubs, so it kind of makes perfect sense. He is playing to a market that is familiar to him

Not to mention that there are more Cub fans than Sox fans in the Chicago market, so he wants to appeal to a larger number of people. That's just how it is unfortunately, people tend to be stupid more often than not, which is the main reason the Cubs have more fans.