Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
Anyone else wanna post the Twitter? I hear the 4th times the charm. :D

Per Ken Rosenthal's twitter #WhiteSox 1-yr offer to Damon includes heavy deferrals. Present-day value in $4.5M range. Keep hearing Damon does not want #Tigers.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
I'm gonna say it. I think we're going to get him, and i couldn't be happier. It was worth all this rotating DH s***, all my pontificating and all the b****ing, if we wind up with Damon. Come spring training, i might just give KW a hug.

I think that you're right. If he's willing to go down that far in value, Detroit must be a major turn-off for one or both of them.

Damon wouldn't single-handedly propel us to the Central title, but he'd make the lineup look much more complete and competitive.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Funny how many people that have said f*** Boras, the Sox should never sign a Bopras client, aren't so worried now.

Well when your on the verge of signing two of his clients in one off-season, I would some people's opinions have changed alot.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
If the present day value is $4.5M then that means there's probably another ~$2.5M differed. $7M makes an awful lot of sense even if 36% is differed.

Ah I see. That's a good deal for Damon then. I'd definitely take it if I were him.