5/24 GT: Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU

knightni

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great effort from Danks with no run support... would be SHOCKED by any other outcome.

Yup, was just gonn say that. The offense better get him at least 2-3 runs, otherwise he drops to 3-4 and I wonder if he is already thinkin about greener pastures.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Another great effort from Danks with no run support... would be SHOCKED by any other outcome.

Man F**K THAT!!! Go out and beat their brains in tonight!!! Come on... this is CLEVELAND!! Put up a 10 spot on that ass!! They got it coming..

On paper, how can this be anything but a victory?

In reality, it's 50-50 chance at victory at best the way the Sox have played this year.

Time to win our second straight series and take baby steps toward .500.

On paper, how can this be anything but a victory?

In reality, it's 50-50 chance at victory at best the way the Sox have played this year.

Time to win our second straight series and take baby steps toward .500.

Yup and we are already 1-5 against the lowly Indians, not good.

We've been saying for a while now how important these series are. This one is big. The Sox have to go into Cleveland and at a minimum win the series. A sweep would be ideal, of course. The 2 of 3 against Florida was nice, but the big loss yesterday tempered it quite a bit. There's no way the Sox can afford to lose this series...to Cleveland...again.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 24, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
so we are now 2 months into the season and we still haven't figured out that kotsay should not be hitting 5th

Oddly, this was true until a couple weeks ago. But now the past couple weeks he actually has a hot bat - so I hated it for the first 1.5 months, but I'm OK with it at the moment.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 24, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Is Quentin injured or is this a normal day of rest.

Probably just a day off after 6 straight starts and an 0-4 day. Ozzie also probably wanted to find a way to get Jones back into the lineup; with Pierre, Rios and Kotsay all hitting relatively well and Andruw struggling, he didn't get an AB in the Marlins series.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
Probably just a day off after 6 straight starts and an 0-4 day. Ozzie also probably wanted to find a way to get Jones back into the lineup; with Pierre, Rios and Kotsay all hitting relatively well and Andruw struggling, he didn't get an AB in the Marlins series.

Jones def. seemed like he needed some time off.

We won the FLA series 2-1. Need to go at least 2-1 here, a sweep would be great. For guys like AJ, Jenks and others likely to be traded, it comes down to this next week to two weeks of games. If by beginning of June the Sox are still 7-8 games out and well below .500, the show is going to be over.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 24, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Oddly, this was true until a couple weeks ago. But now the past couple weeks he actually has a hot bat - so I hated it for the first 1.5 months, but I'm OK with it at the moment.

Mark Kotsay is 6-31 over his last ten games. He had an okay 5 game stretch, and then followed that with 0-7 with 2 K's. When you're hot, you're hot. He's not

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 24, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
Mark Kotsay is 6-31 over his last ten games. He had an okay 5 game stretch, and then followed that with 0-7 with 2 K's. When you're hot, you're hot. He's not

Agreed the quicker we DFA him the better...what a joke he is AGAIN batting 5th. God that lineup looks so pathetic it's sad

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 24, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)

Actually he's 9 for 31 with 7 walks and a .290/.421/.484/.905 line over his last 10.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
Actually he's 9 for 31 with 7 walks and a .290/.421/.484/.905 line over his last 10.

Hold up let me do the math again... Yep, 9. My bad. Two extras bases hits, both going for home runs, with 7 walks to 4 k's