Does Kenny dare to consider making this trade?

hawksox13

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
If it's where one team is in the race, Cliff Lee to Rangers

If it's when both are in the race...I don't know.

Yeah, I'm only talking about when both teams are in the race.

Why would a GM make the team he is competing with for a playoff spot potentially better?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I wish I had not just eaten lunch before I decided to read a thread where people, with complete evidence to the contrary, are still suggesting that Teahen is either a "mediocre" player or even worse, one that has the "ability" to be a better player than he's shown in his 5+ years of Major League service to date. I really don't understand what people base these assessments on. What part of that atrocious defense that he features, or all of those strikeouts he racks up, or that lack of power and speed, creates any confidence or hope in this guy. I just don't see it. If anything, at least for me, it's far more telling that I'm easily more willing to run a 43 year-old out to his supposed position every day than I am him.

We want to trade Teahan but that's only half of what's needed to seal the deal. Extremely doubtful this will ever happen. Plus I believe when Teahan is off the DL we see Viciedo back down and Teahan and Vizquel sharing time at 3B. I think we need to see what Teahan can contribute to the team. He will be back motivated I hope

Edited by elrockinMT

In answer to your question, Yes yes yes Kenny should dare to consider the trade.

Dump that salary.

We don't need Mark Teahen. Detroit is not going to win the division.

Minnie will win it if we don't.

Dump Teahen on the Tigers. Now!

No. The Tigers wouldn't give us anything (not to expect we would get anything in return), and in the off chance he turns into the second coming of Jason Giambi everyone thought he would become, we'd be f***ed.

I wouldn't make a trade with either the Twins or Tigers, its just not worth the risk unless we get an offer you just can't refuse.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Aramis Ramirez to the Tigers is a scary thought

It just became a little bit more expensive one for the Tigers.

With all their contracts coming off the books, they have at least $20 million to play with, but sinking a lot of it into Ramirez...I think their biggest weakness still is starting pitching after Verlander.

What has to happen again for Ordonez to come back in 2011?

I'm pretty sure they shed the contracts of Bonderman, Inge, Damon, Laird, Guillen...although Inge is like Joe Crede there, they might make a play to bring him back, but he's not cheap at $6.6 million, it's a lot like our decision with AJ I suppose.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
Overreaction to a badly timed 7 game losing streak. Tigers need like, one starter and one halfway decent bat to be really competitive.

Pretty much they should be in the market for Aram and Lilly like previously mentioned.

People instead want Jim Leyland fired. That will solve a lot all the problems, you bet. A new manager will arrive with new starting pitching, two bullpen arms, and better up-the-middle bats.

Interesting line in that horrible piece. Yes, the manager always gets the blame in 2010.

QUOTE (striker @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
How about DHing Quentin and putting Teahen in RF? He'd hit better than Andruw.

Teahen's probably not much better than Q out there in RF right now.

That said, a Jones/Teahen RF platoon with Q at DH sets things up pretty darn well. Keeps Kotsay on the bench unless Konerko's getting a day off, keeps Teahen from ever having to face a LHP with his numbers against them.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 02:34 AM)
He is quickly reaching Nick Swisher-like hate... sadly.

I don't think that's possible either. From anything I've heard so far it doesn't seem that Teahen is a complete toolbag like Swisher. He's just not very good at baseball.