2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
BOOM!

Does this make up for the "LeBron won't go to Miami" guarantee? :)

Not until Arenas is traded.

I think Orlando would actually do that if they could dump Lewis's contract along with VC's expiring deal and get Blatche back in a deal. Blatche alongside Howard would argubly give them the best frontcourt in the game today (I'd still take Byum - Gasol if Bynum was ever healthy though).

PG: Nelson - Duhon

SG: Arenas - Redick

SF: Q-Rich - Pietrus

PF: Blatche - Bass

C: Howard - Gortat

Not a bad 10 man rotation there.

That'd be pretty crazy if Washington took Carter AND Lewis, that's an absurd $38 mil in out-going salary. Even if they got Arenas and Blatche, the Wiz would need to add like $7.5 mil in salary, which either means Hinrich or Yi and someone like Al Thornton or Nick Young would be going to Orlando as well. I'm not sure how much sense it makes for Orlando to move both either since that'd put a fairly major dent in their outside shooting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
On the radio this morning one of the reports said he was told that Boozer would play 7-8 minutes blocks at the start of each half, plus a short stint besides that in each of the other quarters

Since it was just a hand injury, Boozer's conditioning should be in pretty good shape. Just gotta shake the rust off.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
As someone who watches a lot of UCLA basketball, I have no idea how you could have thought Westbrook was overrated. He was a strong defensive player in college, who was a nice passer, and explosive athlete. His shot got better during his brief career at UCLA and has continued to improve in the NBA. That UCLA team was very well coached and prepared for the NBA.

Eh, he didn't too much and in college, he didn't have a position. That's why people are shocked he was taken #4 overall over Jerryd Bayless. He had great workouts, but Westbrook, in no way, showed the capability of what he does now, in college.

He didn't suck, but he nowhere met his hype from when he was in high school. Same goes for Jrue Holiday.

Derrick Rose has been named NBA Player of the Month for November.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose_pom_101201.html

December 1, 2010 – Derrick Rose has been named the Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month for November. The Bulls guard is this season’s first award winner, which will be presented each month throughout the 2010-11 campaign.

Rose (6-3, 190 pounds) started 14 games (missed one game due to injury) during the months of October/November (the Bulls went 9-6) and posted averages of 26.6 ppg, 8.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.00 spg in 39.1 mpg. He shot .468 percent from the field, .327 percent from downtown and .776 percent from the free throw line. Rose led the team in scoring 10 times, as he posted 10 games with 20-plus points and six games with 30-plus points. He also led the team in assists 14 times and dished out 10 or more assists three times.

He is currently first on the Bulls in points (26.6 ppg – 3rd in the NBA) and assists (8.2 apg – 8th in the NBA). Rose ranks seventh in the NBA in FGM (second in the East) and is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 26.0 ppg and 8.0 apg. He also became the ninth different player in NBA history to amass at least 300 points and 100 assists in his team’s first 12 games of the season; Rose tallied 307 points and 101 assists in Chicago’s first 12 games.

Kid is special.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Derrick Rose has been named NBA Player of the Month for November.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose_pom_101201.html

Kid is special.

Is that the Player of the Month for the entire league, or the "Bulls Player of the Month"?

I assume it is for the entire league, but that is a bit confusing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Is that the Player of the Month for the entire league, or the "Bulls Player of the Month"?

I assume it is for the entire league, but that is a bit confusing.

It's Bulls player of the month, not NBA player of the month. He should be winning this award regularly for the next decade.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
lol@steve. You failed again. Bulls player of the month? That's like winning employee of the month at Burger King.

hey i was employee of the month at burger king once :ph34r:

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
lol@steve. You failed again. Bulls player of the month? That's like winning employee of the month at Burger King.

Yeah, you really need to learn how to read, Steve.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Eh, he didn't too much and in college, he didn't have a position. That's why people are shocked he was taken #4 overall over Jerryd Bayless. He had great workouts, but Westbrook, in no way, showed the capability of what he does now, in college.

He didn't suck, but he nowhere met his hype from when he was in high school. Same goes for Jrue Holiday.

Wasn't good. People out west knew all about Westbrook. He was overshadowed to an extent by Collison/Farmar/Afflalo (I think one of them wasn't actually on that team, but I might be wrong) but the guy was very very productive and incredibly explosive and showed that at UCLA. Westbrook was always the second best pure NBA prospect on that squad and he had tremendous work outs on top of it.

I thought it was surprising he went 4th, but everyone knew he could jump out of a building and was an upper echelon defender in college.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Wasn't good. People out west knew all about Westbrook. He was overshadowed to an extent by Collison/Farmar/Afflalo (I think one of them wasn't actually on that team, but I might be wrong) but the guy was very very productive and incredibly explosive and showed that at UCLA. Westbrook was always the second best pure NBA prospect on that squad and he had tremendous work outs on top of it.

I thought it was surprising he went 4th, but everyone knew he could jump out of a building and was an upper echelon defender in college.

I'm with Gage on this one. I was a big fan of Westbrook and I'm pretty sure anyone who knew anything about college basketball knew of him and his abilities. I will agree that I didn't think he'd be this great of a pure point guard though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)

Farmar was the only one who didn't play with Westbrook. They had a deep team for a few years, then I don't know what happened. Either way, I just remember thinking Westbrook had no position and him being a better scorer than PG.

With the way the Magic like to chuck threes I'm really worried about the Bulls perimeter defense. But Boozer-Noah-Deng with Gibson coming off the bench... I don't think there's a better rebounding front line in the NBA. Not even Boston or LA.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
With the way the Magic like to chuck threes I'm really worried about the Bulls perimeter defense. But Boozer-Noah-Deng with Gibson coming off the bench... I don't think there's a better rebounding front line in the NBA. Not even Boston or LA.

I think the Bulls were already #1 last year without Boozer. The game really depends on if the Magic make their threes. If they're hot like they were the other night, Bulls will be in for a tough one. If they don't, I could see the Bulls winning by 10.