Sox Sign Dexter Carter

Heads22

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Cool. If I remember correctly, his K-rate was filthy, and it was thought he was kept in the lower division just for trade value and not because they didn't think he could handle it. Hopefully, he can.

He and Daniel Hudson were college teammates, drafted by us the same year and both dominated rookie ball then low-a, hudson got promoted and we traded carter away but he had crazy good peripherals in kannapolis, he just turned to s*** after the trade for some reason.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Was he out of options or something or just bad? Surprised the Padres would have just released him. He had some potential, let's hope we can fix him. Nice find team!

Just bad. New regime getting prospects they don't particularly care for out of the system.

I like the move too. It's possible that the Sox are simply better at harnessing control from these prospects than the Padres, because Poreda has been very wild with San Diego too. You can't expect much, but judging by his K rate last year, it doesn't look like he's lost much stuff. Hopefully he pitches well.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Was he out of options or something or just bad? Surprised the Padres would have just released him. He had some potential, let's hope we can fix him. Nice find team!

Just bad. New regime getting prospects they don't particularly care for out of the system.

I like the move too. It's possible that the Sox are simply better at harnessing control from these prospects than the Padres, because Poreda has been very wild with San Diego too. You can't expect much, but judging by his K rate last year, it doesn't look like he's lost much stuff. Hopefully he pitches well.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
He and Daniel Hudson were college teammates, drafted by us the same year and both dominated rookie ball then low-a, hudson got promoted and we traded carter away but he had crazy good peripherals in kannapolis, he just turned to s*** after the trade for some reason.

The Padres tried to change his mechanics. I saw him pitch in his Old Dominion days. If he ever gets his slider in check, he could be very good.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
I like that Bren just casually mentions breaking news in a catch-all.

She scoops Mark Gonzales by about a day and thinks nothing of it..

Thus why she's priceless to us.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
White Sox have re-signed right handed pitcher Dexter Carter, per Mark Gonzales of the Tribune. Carter, who was recently cut by San Diego, was part of the Jake Peavy trade in 2009.

Bren Blackwood scoops all.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)

LOL

You guys crack me up! I was kindof stunned that Cheatham was cut because I just watched him play the other day and he was doing really well ..Didn't know Carter was gonna be THIS big of a deal!

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)

No disrespect man, but why should she think something of it? Maybe some people don't see the need to gloat or try to impress others with "breaking news". After all, it's just baseball, not news that ever impacts people's lives. I just don't get the "yay, i found news first" attitude. What are we.. 10?

Here's to Dex being the ol' Dex

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
No disrespect man, but why should she think something of it? Maybe some people don't see the need to gloat or try to impress others with "breaking news". After all, it's just baseball, not news that ever impacts people's lives. I just don't get the "yay, i found news first" attitude. What are we.. 10?

Here's to Dex being the ol' Dex

Kind of a downer arent you?