The GREAT Daniel Hudson

macsandz

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
So we should have a three man rotation?

You know, if Jake ever comes back, Phil keeps pitching like this, and Edwin keeps pitching like this...I think you do kinda lean to taking Jackson out of the rotation and trying him in the pen.

That's a whole lot of If's, but we're already doing the "Where would he play" with Peavy anyway.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
You know, if Jake ever comes back, Phil keeps pitching like this, and Edwin keeps pitching like this...I think you do kinda lean to taking Jackson out of the rotation and trying him in the pen.

That's a whole lot of If's, but we're already doing the "Where would he play" with Peavy anyway.

Edwin has closers stuff that is for sure. I wouldn't have a problem with him being the closer if we couldn't find anyone else, and if Peavy and Humber pitched well enough to allow it. But Edwin as closer right now? Wow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Edwin has closers stuff that is for sure. I wouldn't have a problem with him being the closer if we couldn't find anyone else, and if Peavy and Humber pitched well enough to allow it. But Edwin as closer right now? Wow.

He'd fit right in. :lolhitting

Jackson has been on a 3 game skid, that's for sure.

He isn't staying tall on his back knee for his delivery to the plate again.

This was his chief issue even in growing up with the Dodgers. Hopefully it'll be straitened out and he'll begin to be nails. If not, no issue - he's gone after this year if he continues to struggle ( or re-signed at a lot less if the staff still has faith in correcting him.)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
I believe in Jackson still, but I can't help buy think how filthy he would be as a closer. He could ramp it up to 98 or 99 MPH.

Well he's got filthy stuff as a starter also and that's not working out too well right now.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Jackson has been on a 3 game skid, that's for sure.

He isn't staying tall on his back knee for his delivery to the plate again.

This was his chief issue even in growing up with the Dodgers. Hopefully it'll be straitened out and he'll begin to be nails. If not, no issue - he's gone after this year if he continues to struggle ( or re-signed at a lot less if the staff still has faith in correcting him.)

That's the last thing I want to do with a guy who, in that situation, has solidified his position as an underachiever.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Edwin Jackson: 5.86 ERA, 8.15 K/9, 4.33 BB/9, 3.75 FIP, 3.75 XFIP...Salary: 8.75 million dollars

Daniel Hudson: 5.64 ERA, 9.49 K/9, 3.56 BB/9, 3.05 FIP. 3.60 XFIP...Salary: 419, 000 dollars

KW, you f***ing suck.

Oh, well that tells the whole story.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:39 AM)
If this continues to be a "taunt" thread every time each player does better than the other, I will close it.

Discuss, but don't bump just to say that KW "sucks."

It should be closed, Hudson's not on our team.. get over it

• 1 month later...