Chicago White Sox vs. Texas Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
They have to do something and Viciedo has shown he's one of the better hitters in the organization, the major league club included. Its ridiculous if they make him keep taking batting practice in AAA because they don't want to hurt Juan Pierre's feelings.

Dick, if things keep going the way they are, meaning with the way Pierre is handling things up here at the big league level, and with Viciedo just tearing it up at AAA, something has to give at some point. Just when is "that point" do you think, in your judgement?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Dick, if things keep going the way they are, meaning with the way Pierre is handling things up here at the big league level, and with Viciedo just tearing it up at AAA, something has to give at some point. Just when is "that point" do you think, in your judgement?

I was told by someone yesterday Viciedo was being called up today, so I assumed Pierre would sit for a while. Then I read Ozzie's comments after yesterday's game. Unless KW takes Pierre off the roster, Ozzie is going with Pierre. I feel a KW/Ozzie blow up if Pierre doesn't start playing better soon.

Its been 40 games and they are going to be over 10 games back. I've been with the guys preching patience, but its to the point where you have to show you can contribute now or sit down.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
1657033-easton-deluxe-batting-tee.jpg

Our player of the game is the opposing pitcher, batting tee. He just kept our hitters off balance. I see he has an 11 ERA. So someone is getting to him, but I don't know how. Tip your cap.

Didn't he shut out the Sox twice last year? :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)

Our player of the game is the opposing pitcher, batting tee. He just kept our hitters off balance. I see he has an 11 ERA. So someone is getting to him, but I don't know how. Tip your cap.

POTW!

Post of the f***ing year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
I was told by someone yesterday Viciedo was being called up today, so I assumed Pierre would sit for a while. Then I read Ozzie's comments after yesterday's game. Unless KW takes Pierre off the roster, Ozzie is going with Pierre. I feel a KW/Ozzie blow up if Pierre doesn't start playing better soon.

Its been 40 games and they are going to be over 10 games back. I've been with the guys preching patience, but its to the point where you have to show you can contribute now or sit down.

Sadly, I guess I can predict my own "breaking point". It's that point where we declare we are, in fact, not "all in", at which time the option of trading a guy like Viciedo for a valuable piece at the trading deadline is not an option. And once we get to that decision point, you pretty much have no choice but to promote a guy like Dayan who is crushing the ball at AAA to replace an aging veteran like Pierre who is just simply not getting the job done.

“One thing about Juan, you’re going to see the same one tomorrow,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He’s going to go out and play the game, and play the game right. When you play every day, you’re going to go through a tough time. He’ll be there batting first again. I don’t worry about him because he’s a professional. He will battle. That’s not the first time he’s gone through it and he will find a way.”

Lol

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
It's just crazy how little Rios and Pierre have done to help us win games this season. At least with Morel and Beckham, they played a huge part in a few of our wins.

Rios is perplexing. Juan Pierre is just a bad baseball player *cue Shack getting upset because I called Pierre bad and I'm not in the major leagues*. But Rios is as gifted as just about any player in baseball outside of the Uptons.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Rios is perplexing. Juan Pierre is just a bad baseball player *cue Shack getting upset because I called Pierre bad and I'm not in the major leagues*. But Rios is as gifted as just about any player in baseball outside of the Uptons.

Teams are just pounding Rios on the outside corner, and his awful swing/standing off the plate is making it so difficult for him to consistently square up the pitch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:58 AM)

Oh cmon.

Rios is not a good baseball hitter. He's proven that already in a Sox uniform.