Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
MLB Network guys saying it's a brilliant move by KW and the Sox

Can't be. Victory said otherwise.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't even like ozzie as a person, and I'm sure many here don't. We can be happy about this.

Yup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
MLB Network guys saying it's a brilliant move by KW and the Sox

I'll say it again, it doesn't matter who we got. Not paying Ozzie in 2012 is a win. Someone had to go between Ozzie and Kenny, and it really became obvious in August and September that it was Ozzie. Kenny gave him the rope, and Ozzie hung himself with it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't even like ozzie as a person, and I'm sure many here don't. We can be happy about this.

I'm not sure how many times you've met him but Ozzie is a good guy and is a lot of fun at a night out drinking. I know it was time for him to go and most people on this board did not like him as a manger, but to say you don't like him as a person is very superficial unless you have spent some time with him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Something is wrong with you. You may have disliked Ozzie in the end of his tenure, but it's not worth getting this excited over. I can't feel hate towards the guy who managed a White Sox World Series. I feel sorry for you that you let more recent events make the most successful manager in franchise history a villain.

Couldn't agree more. When I think of all the boring managers that have coached the Sox in the 50 years I have followed them, this news makes me sad. In the world of entertainment I rank Ozzie pretty high. I hang most of this on Dung and Rios. I guess for fans who love to hate, there must be some appeal to have a new whipping boy.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Questions:

1. How long til Ozzie and his kiddos come out firing?

2. Two days left with Sox players still around. How many will say good riddance, on the record?

3. Whatever happened to Sergio Santos?

This is the second year in a row he has lost it late in the year. I am guessing it is fatigue again.

Couldn't agree more. When I think of all the boring managers that have coached the Sox in the 50 years I have followed them, this news makes me sad. In the world of entertainment I rank Ozzie pretty high. I hang most of this on Dung and Rios. I guess for fans who love to hate, there must be some appeal to have a new whipping boy.

Post of the night so far! :headbang

Questions:

1. How long til Ozzie and his kiddos come out firing?

2. Two days left with Sox players still around. How many will say good riddance, on the record?

3. Whatever happened to Sergio Santos?

He isn't a closer.. any GM would have seen that prior to the season... but, this isn't about Kenny mistakes.. Its how they are Ozzie's fault.