Ozzie Guillen Appreciation Thread

Quin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've cursed his name at times and cried out for this moment. I know it's best for our team, but now that it's here and it's REAL, I feel like WS baseball is gonna be a lot less fun-- unless we start winning. The man said it best, "Fun is winning & winning is fun." Thank you for some good times, Ozzie.

Thanks for the memories, Ozzie. You ushered in some fun and interesting times as the manager of our beloved White Sox.

You will always be remembered...and you will be honored when the the less memorable moments fade...

For now, use your brain and restrain your tongue, and best of luck in Miami.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
True.. Nov. 2000.. is worse... and we been living with that bad move for 11 years.

Yeah, totally. After all, we would have won the WS in 05 without Kenny Williams...

If you feel that this season is all on Kenny Williams, then Kenny Williams deserves the majority of the credit for 2005.

Edited by chw42

I actually was just going to stay away from this thread because I really have nothing good to say about this guy at the moment but Victory managed to ruin an appreciation thread for the guy he has wet dreams about.

Seriously, October 26, 2005 is the best moment of my youngish life and Ozzie will always be apart of that but I seriously wish this guy nothing but the worst in his future endeavors. The guy helped to destroy and make a mockery of a team that I live and die for, add that to his complete lack of class and his idiot f***in son and I can't even pretend to be a little sad. It's a great f***in day.

Sorry quin, I didn't mean to derail your thread but I couldn't resist after what I read from Victory.

Mixed feelings.

much appreciation for 2005. As time continues to pass, more and more confirmation of how hard it was to accomplish.

Ozzie also gave the Sox a major presence in the city against the Cubs, Bulls and other sports competition.

When Bevington, Manuel and Lamont got fired, it didn't lead Sports Center.

But it was time for ozzie to go.

He was a bitter guy the last few years.

He talked tough and didn't hold many players accountable.

And he couldn't even control his own sons.

He'll be missed, but it had to happen.

Per my Facebook post:

Like an innocent man on death row, the White Sox got the wrong man tonight. Kenny Williams, your table is ready. You have already committed $89 million to 11 players next year & your "ace" is pitching tomorrow in his "last" game. Your leadoff hitter might leave the team after a productive season. Do your job and make Chicago proud or get out & be looked down upon. As Guillen said, it was the players that won 2005 - not him (or you for that matter).

Thanks for the memories Ozzie. Maybe they'll get the real terrorist next time.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:01 AM)
Per my Facebook post:

Like an innocent man on death row, the White Sox got the wrong man tonight. Kenny Williams, your table is ready. You have already committed $89 million to 11 players next year & your "ace" is pitching tomorrow in his "last" game. Your leadoff hitter might leave the team after a productive season. Do your job and make Chicago proud or get out & be looked down upon. As Guillen said, it was the players that won 2005 - not him (or you for that matter).

Amen.

Every time you look at Adam Dunn's fat rump, think about who brought him into town -- and could force Mark Buehrle to leave next.

Inexcusable.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Per my Facebook post:

Haha, some gems in there.

Ace? Mark Buehrle has struggled to be a #1 pitcher over the last few years. He's surely no ace. Productive season for Pierre? It was "acceptable" at best. Terrorist? Jesus H. Christ...

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Per my Facebook post:

Juan Pierre and productive don't go together. At least not this season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
Haha, some gems in there.

Ace? Mark Buehrle has struggled to be a #1 pitcher over the last few years. He's surely no ace. Productive season for Pierre? It was "acceptable" at best. Terrorist? Jesus H. Christ...

Notice the quotes around "ace." What numbers do you expect out of your leadoff man compared to Pierre? The part thanking Ozzie and about terrorists isn't in there. But sometimes with how this country does crap I feel the same way (see the Bush "I screwed you, but thanks for blaming it on the black guy" avatar).

Nevermind. Thanks Ozzie.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Notice the quotes around "ace." What numbers do you expect out of your leadoff man compared to Pierre? The part thanking Ozzie and about terrorists isn't in there. But sometimes with how this country does crap I feel the same way (see the Bush "I screwed you, but thanks for blaming it on the black guy" avatar).

Nevermind. Thanks Ozzie.

I'd expect him to be more than one of the worst defenders in LF and to steal at anything but a laughable clip.

I soured a lot on Ozzie the last couple seasons, just like most others, but I've been one of his backers since he was hired. I'll always remember him more for the good times rather than the bad times. October 26, 2005. That doesn't happen if Ozzie isn't the manager. For that day, for that season, I will always be thankful. I hope he can get his s*** together in Florida.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
Ozzie had nothing to do with 2005. It's pretty easy to sit back and allow your starters, acquired by your GM, to just pitch you through the playoffs. Good riddance, Ozzie!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
I actually was just going to stay away from this thread because I really have nothing good to say about this guy at the moment but Victory managed to ruin an appreciation thread for the guy he has wet dreams about.

Seriously, October 26, 2005 is the best moment of my youngish life and Ozzie will always be apart of that but I seriously wish this guy nothing but the worst in his future endeavors. The guy helped to destroy and make a mockery of a team that I live and die for, add that to his complete lack of class and his idiot f***in son and I can't even pretend to be a little sad. It's a great f***in day.

Sorry quin, I didn't mean to derail your thread but I couldn't resist after what I read from Victory.

Fooey on those 2 threads.

Good luck in Florida Ozzie.

You had a great great run with your favorite team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
I've had much worse.

This is just step one to turning this damn organization around and hopefully in the right direction.

But I must say, Ozzie was definitely partially responsible for what happened in 2005 and I'm thankful for that. But what happened in 2005 is what happened in 2005. Those accomplishments won't mean much of anything in 2012.

It was one of the most dominating post seasons in MLB history.

As I said in the pinned thread, very happy as it had to be done. I was just a little (and I mean very little) sad to see a true Chicago guy go. Definitely had to move on though. Thanks for 2005 (and anyone who says we won despite of him is full of s***, even I'll admit that wholeheartedly) and good luck managing in Florida. (and for an NL team)

I really wish Ozzie worked out better in the long run, he was a likable son of a b**** for a long time, and it would've been so much better for the Sox if he did. But he shot himself in his own foot.

That said, thanks and goodluck in your next venture Ozzie. But let's close this book now that it's done.