2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
The Angels are gonna have to start focusing on the wildcard pretty soon. The Rangers are just too good.

I think they just need to start focusing on winning baseball games first, worry about the playoffs later. Only KC & Minny have worse records in the AL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2012 -> 06:28 AM)
I think they just need to start focusing on winning baseball games first, worry about the playoffs later. Only KC & Minny have worse records in the AL.

Of course. I'm just saying, the Twins and Royals didn't dole out well over $300 million dollars last winter. Another week or so and the Angels could be 10+ games out. They'll eventually start playing better, I think. But they'd have to go '06 second half Twins to catch Texas. Thus the WC being their only way to reach the postseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
Of course. I'm just saying, the Twins and Royals didn't dole out well over $300 million dollars last winter. Another week or so and the Angels could be 10+ games out. They'll eventually start playing better, I think. But they'd have to go '06 second half Twins to catch Texas. Thus the WC's being their only way to reach the postseason.

Fun with WAR......

Best hitter in baseball - Josh Hamitlon (3.2 WAR)

Best pitcher in baseball - Jake Peavy and Justin Verlander (2.0 WAR)

Worst hitter in baseball - Albert Pujols and Brennan Boesch (-1.0 WAR)

Worst pitcher in baseball - Clay Buchholz (-0.6 WAR)

Quite a few names that you wouldn't expect to be there 1 1/2 months in to the season, huh?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)
Fun with WAR......

Best hitter in baseball - Josh Hamitlon (3.2 WAR)

Best pitcher in baseball - Jake Peavy and Justin Verlander (2.0 WAR)

Worst hitter in baseball - Albert Pujols and Brennan Boesch (-1.0 WAR)

Worst pitcher in baseball - Clay Buchholz (-0.6 WAR)

Quite a few names that you wouldn't expect to be there 1 1/2 months in to the season, huh?

Surprised Ryan Raburn isn't in that spot

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 15, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
Surprised Ryan Raburn isn't in that spot

He should be, but he doesn't have enough at bats and his defense has actually been okay (unlike Boesch).

Raburn has a 11 wRC+, 89% below league average. Pujols is at 34, Boesch is at 67.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
I guarantee you Albert will hit at least one home run and drive four tomorrow and Wednesday.

It looks like sluggers going from NL to AL over the past year has been very wacky.

Dunn hit .160, Pujols looks like he might do something similar. Prince Fielder is hitting okay, but he has almost no power (I believe he has like 10 extra base hits this year). A-Gon was great last year, but is suffering from lack of power as well.