Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
What about Hechavarria....is he still considered one of their better prospects?

Eh. Many don't think he will hit. Top 20 prospect, but not near the top. Sickels has him at 18 as a C+, borderline B-.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
There's a part of me that thinks it's a big mistake for Kenny to not try and get a catching prospect in some of these trades. Of course, he'll probably just sign Suzuki next offseason and we'll have to hear Hawk rave about him 162 games a year.

I'd LOVE to have Suzuki behind the dish for the Sox. Hawk loving aside.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
Gotcha. Thank you fine sir!

No problem. I mean his AAA line looks nothing like the rest of his hitting career. I'm not optimistic about him. He sure can field though.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
That's undervaluing Floyd a bit. He's been the #3 starter in one of the majors' best starting rotations. Just McGuire would be a disappointing return.

Floyd has contract flexibility and the talent of a 3-4 win pitcher.

He could make that Toronto rotation fairly formidable (it kinda looks like crap right now).

I'd want more than just a B+ and B- prospect back in return. And can we please stop acquiring pitchers exclusively? I'd like to see a position player back in return.

Edited by chw42

Twitter handle of this guy is http://twitter.com/brboiler2013

Basically, he claims that his cousin is Gavin's wife, and his sister lives next door to them in Florida, and that's how he knows this is going down.

Only thing that makes me question it is whether the player being traded would be told something as specific as "you and cash were traded to Toronto for Drabek and McGuire." Does a player always get told those kinds of details???

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:06 AM)

Basically, he claims that his cousin is Gavin's wife, and his sister lives next door to them in Florida, and that's how he knows this is going down.

Only thing that makes me question it is whether the player being traded would be told something as specific as "you and cash were traded to Toronto for Drabek and McGuire." Does a player always get told those kinds of details???

I have a hard time believing the players are privy to trade negotiations.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)

Candy-O I need you so! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
If the Blue Jays just signed Oliver, would they really want to take on Thornton's salary as well? That doesn't seem likely IMO.

You can never have enough relievers. If they do get Thornton though, that would be one hell of a bullpen. Santos, Thornton, Oliver, Frasor, Janssen, Camp, and Litsch (if he doesn't start).

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
You can never have enough relievers. If they do get Thornton though, that would be one hell of a bullpen. Santos, Thornton, Oliver, Frasor, Janssen, Camp, and Litsch (if he doesn't start).

3 of the top 4 relievers in that hell of a bullpen were White Sox in 2011

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
3 of the top 4 relievers in that hell of a bullpen were White Sox in 2011

AA loves himself some White Sox pitchers.

What does that say about Kenny Williams? hmm... :lolhitting

It would be much funnier if Santos/Thornton/Frasor completely blew up (performance-wise).

Not because we'd like to have a repeat of the Sirotka/Wells fiasco (for both sides), and certainly you never want to see any athlete injured, but simply to read the reactions of j4l and especially Keith Law.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
AA loves himself some White Sox pitchers.

What does that say about Kenny Williams? hmm... :lolhitting

Kenny Williams is a Krazy "Gangsta" Genius.

Potentially 20% of AA's roster will be comprised of former White Sox players. What's the saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Just win, Baby!!! KW is building a juggernaut minor league system while the Blue Jays are only preparing to threaten for 3rd place and will see no appreciable rise in attendance/revenues.