2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
I'm sure the wrist is bothering him. His power is null right now.

I have to believe he stil has lingering effects on the wrist/hand injury. An almost 90 point drop in average is just too big otherwise

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
DADGUMIT!

@Buccigross: Youkilis is 1st player to homer against Red Sox at Fenway after playing for Boston earlier in season since Ken Harrelson 1969

I'm surprised he didn't mention that.

"You know, Stone Pony, after I was traded from the Carmines..."

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
I'm surprised he didn't mention that.

"You know, Stone Pony, after I was traded from the Carmines..."

He talked about it with Boston's radio guys before the game yesterday and I got their version of a Ken Harrelson Boston Red Sox story last night.

He said he got that kind of standing O after being traded, came up and hit a home run, and that was the last time they cheered him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
He talked about it with Boston's radio guys before the game yesterday and I got their version of a Ken Harrelson Boston Red Sox story last night.

He said he got that kind of standing O after being traded, came up and hit a home run, and that was the last time they cheered him.

Yeah, he mentioned this several times actually, without going into specifics.

"Just wait til you beat them, then they'll boo you. Been there, done that!"

Stats after 90 games:

Team is 5th in AL in runs, 12th in 2B, 1st in 3B, 4th in HR, 7th in OPS, 5th in K, 9th in BB, 7th in SB, 3rd in SAC

Team is 7th in ERA, 1st in CG, 2nd in SO, 2nd in QS, 2nd in (fewest) BB, 5th in K, 2nd in WHIP, 4th in K/BB

Konerko is 5th in AVG, 5th in OBP, 10th in OPS

Rios is 8th in AVG, 1st in 3B, 7th in GIDP

De Aza is 8th in R, 1st in 3B, 9th in SB

Dunn is 1st in HR, 3rd in RBI, 1st in BB, 1st in K

Viciedo is 7th in GIDP

Morel is 7th in SAC

Peavy is 4th in IP, 6th in K, 4th in WHIP, 8th in ERA, 2nd in CG, 4th in SO, 3rd in K/BB

Sale is 3rd in W, 3rd in WHIP, 1st in ERA, 4th in K/BB

Reed in 9th in SV

Humber is 4th in SO

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Scouts still raving about Robin Ventura effect on White Sox: "I haven't seen Alex Rios play with this enthusiasm in three years."

And Ozzie still thinks it's not fair to say the Sox are playing better despite him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Scouts still raving about Robin Ventura effect on White Sox: "I haven't seen Alex Rios play with this enthusiasm in three years."

Alex Rios should not be praised for finally earning his money. Give me a break. It's on him for being a piece of crap last year and the other years he sucked. Kudos to him for this year, though. Must be nice to earn the kind of money Rios earns. Critics can say a new manager brought it out of him. That pisses me off. It's ALL ON THE MILLIONAIRE RIOS, not his f***ing coaches.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Alex Rios should not be praised for finally earning his money. Give me a break. It's on him for being a piece of crap last year and the other years he sucked. Kudos to him for this year, though. Must be nice to earn the kind of money Rios earns. Critics can say a new manager brought it out of him. That pisses me off. It's ALL ON THE MILLIONAIRE RIOS, not his f***ing coaches.

Right greg, at no time ever in the history of working under someone has the way a manager treated someone affected their performance.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
Right greg, at no time ever in the history of working under someone has the way a manager treated someone affected their performance.

I'm saying it must be nice to be as gawdawful as Rios had been and be able to have people blame it on the manager. My god.

It's ALL on Rios.

He's the guy performing. What a convenient excuse for loafing and sucking.

That Rios gets a pass on this amuses me. Blame it on Ozzie. Hilarious.

Man I wish people could take years off at work in real life like Rios did ... and have those people keep their jobs cause of their bad upper management team.

What a joke.