2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
LOL Sportscenter. Top 10 plays, #3 was Dan Johnson's 3 home runs. Problem is they showed Konerko's HR as the 2nd one...then for the 3rd one..."Johnson, back on the left side for his 3rd one."

Nobody cares about the Sox

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
LOL Sportscenter. Top 10 plays, #3 was Dan Johnson's 3 home runs. Problem is they showed Konerko's HR as the 2nd one...then for the 3rd one..."Johnson, back on the left side for his 3rd one."

Schwab must be on vacation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
Jake Peavy ‏@JakePeavy_44

Came up a little short but still was a fun ride and we will all be better bc of the experience! Huge thank u 2 all of u who stood behind me!

You are welcome Jake.

I would have no problems making David Wright our highest paid player. I don't think we could give them enough years though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
You are welcome Jake.

Thanks!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Alexa ‏@AVaicaitis

Robin Ventura just did a walk-through of the front office to personally say thanks to everyone. #ClassAct #WhiteSox

When he got to the end of the hallway he missed the last door and fell 3 doors back.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
This....

Why stretch it back any further? They were 16-12 in August...It all came down to September.

5 of those 12 loses coming against the Royals, who lets face it are this years Twins for whatever reason. 1 loss against the Blue Jays and the rest came against playoff teams

This White Sox team was 21 games over .500 against the Twins, Mariners and Indians (33-12). They were 13 under .500 against the rest of the American League (43-56). I think the season was a mirage - they looked good when playing crappy teams (except the Royals and Red Sox) and were less than mediocre against the rest of the league (except the Yankees and Rangers for some reason). Sure, if they split with the Royals they are in a one game playoff with the Tigers...but that just means you lose to Verlander one more time.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
This White Sox team was 21 games over .500 against the Twins, Mariners and Indians (33-12). They were 13 under .500 against the rest of the American League (43-56). I think the season was a mirage - they looked good when playing crappy teams (except the Royals and Red Sox) and were less than mediocre against the rest of the league (except the Yankees and Rangers for some reason). Sure, if they split with the Royals they are in a one game playoff with the Tigers...but that just means you lose to Verlander one more time.

I think your post goes to show you that breaking it down by individual team W-L isn't an accurate way to look at it. Can't beat good teams except these two good teams and only beat bad teams except these two really bad teams. Maybe there just isn't a pattern...

I could easily just say that if you flipped the records against Detroit and Kansas City that we look awesome.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 04:19 AM)

I'm sick of people talking about Sox play against various teams. The Sox stunk against the Angels and Red Sox and Orioles and of course the Royals and Tigers. The Sox beat up the Rangers and Twinks and did OK against a lot of other franchises.

The Sox need to get to the point they are not so dysfunctional. I mean there's no reason they have to get swept in four-game series by a good team like the Angels or the Tigers or whomever or take four from some lousy team.

Start playing less dysfunctional ball. Split against the Yankees and Red Sox or win one of three or two of three.

This crazy s*** hits the White Sox ALWAYS where they win four or five in a row and lose six in a row or something. It's crazy. We need some consistency at some point.

My pet peeve is people looking at the schedule and saying it's favorable. When have the Sox taken advantage of "favorable" stretches. Just play ball!!!! Just win series!!!! We're never going to be a division winner again until we start winning series and avoiding this crap.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
I think your post goes to show you that breaking it down by individual team W-L isn't an accurate way to look at it. Can't beat good teams except these two good teams and only beat bad teams except these two really bad teams. Maybe there just isn't a pattern...

I could easily just say that if you flipped the records against Detroit and Kansas City that we look awesome.

This post is awesome.

Take it for what it's worth, but the White Sox' Pythagorean W-L is 88-74 this year. The Tigers? 87-75.

I think the last 3 games in Cleveland definitely helped the Sox' expected W-L, but this probably shows that Ventura didn't have the best of times managing close games. I think most of us can all agree on that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 05:30 PM)
Take it for what it's worth, but the White Sox' Pythagorean W-L is 88-74 this year. The Tigers? 87-75.

I think the last 3 games in Cleveland definitely helped the Sox' expected W-L, but this probably shows that Ventura didn't have the best of times managing close games. I think most of us can all agree on that.

I think once the rosters expanded he had too many toys to work with

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
I think once the rosters expanded he had too many toys to work with

Guys like Omogrosso and Veal did pretty well. Robin had some serious brainfarts (especially against the Tigers other than the makeup game) though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)

Ha exactly. That post was pretty ridiculous.

Trivia questions! No cheating allowed

1) Of players with atleast 40 plate appearances in the second half, who had the highest OPS on the White Sox?

2) Given the same criteria as in question 1, how many players had an OPS of .800 or better in the second half?

If you can figure out the answers to these questions, you have found biggest area of need for the Chicago White Sox.