2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 4, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
Reggie and Derrick both talked about possible Round 2 return.

Far from it. Rose just hasn't rule out a return, as usual. According to him, things remain the same.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie Rose is probably super pissed off right now.

Just for fun since we all love to blame Rose's entourage: Derrick's entourage probably got Taj, Nate, and Luol sick.

Edited by chw42

Hell of a game. Taj had a brutal series but had some good hustle plays early...struggled again late. Refs were just awful the whole series. Noah just balls...total balls. Unbelievable. Can't say it enough. Jimmy Butler...money. Good shooter, so strong when he goes to the whole, and excellent defense.

Marco...you frustrate the hell out of me...but you stepped up!

QUOTE (MAX @ May 5, 2013 -> 03:59 AM)
I don't want to see derrick rose play for the bulls ever again.

Where's that Edward Norton gif when you need it?

edited...

computer-close-hulk.gif

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
Can't wait to hear you all boo him next year. Or maybe we can get rid of him so all you are satisfied?

Oh please. He's the best player on my favorite team, I will cheer my ass off for him next season. That being said, I have lost all respect for the guy. What he's doing this year is absolutely ridiculous. I seriously don't see how anybody can defend him anymore. Still, it'd be insanely dumb to trade the guy and anybody saying we're better off with out him is crazy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 5, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
ss2k5 is going to be surprised when he opens his Sunday paper this morning.

He watched it, who am I kidding.

I feel like you've posted more in the nba thread the last week than you have the rest of your 10 years here combined.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 5, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
Oh please. He's the best player on my favorite team, I will cheer my ass off for him next season. That being said, I have lost all respect for the guy. What he's doing this year is absolutely ridiculous. I seriously don't see how anybody can defend him anymore. Still, it'd be insanely dumb to trade the guy and anybody saying we're better off with out him is crazy.

I don't know what it takes to be an explosive PG in the NBA. I'm assuming nobody else here does either. If he needs a preseason to get to that point, I'm all for him sitting out.

Bulls aren't beating Miami with or without him.

People want to say he is being paid all that money this year for nothing. WHat about future investments?

I just can't lose respect for a guy who was the youngest MVP in NBA history for us and took this team to the ESCF and back to back #1 seeds. I've never come back from a torn ACL, so I just can't criticize someone for not playing when I don't know what they are going through.

I understand other peoples problems with him not playing. I wish he came back with about 5 games left in the regular season and got going before the playoffs. I just think it could be counter productive if he comes back now in the middle of a high intensity playoff series.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 5, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)

I've probably been consistently the most harsh on Rose in this thread and I'll still cheer is ass off. I think what he's doing is downright disgusting but he can overcome it and I'm not him so I could be completely overreacting.

I know one thing...I'm incredibly proud to be a fan of this Bulls team. They bust their asses!

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
I don't know what it takes to be an explosive PG in the NBA. I'm assuming nobody else here does either. If he needs a preseason to get to that point, I'm all for him sitting out.

Bulls aren't beating Miami with or without him.

People want to say he is being paid all that money this year for nothing. WHat about future investments?

I just can't lose respect for a guy who was the youngest MVP in NBA history for us and took this team to the ESCF and back to back #1 seeds. I've never come back from a torn ACL, so I just can't criticize someone for not playing when I don't know what they are going through.

I understand other peoples problems with him not playing. I wish he came back with about 5 games left in the regular season and got going before the playoffs. I just think it could be counter productive if he comes back now in the middle of a high intensity playoff series.

That's the thing though, he needs to play to get back to that point. Sitting out is doing absolutely nothing for him, it's just delaying the rehab process.

This is a 9 month injury and we're over a year now and he's been cleared for 3 months to play, it's crazy that he's not.

Found this to be interesting.

So the Bulls did not have to pay him $16 million this year, but instead about $10 million to recover and sit on the bench? This makes me wonder what happens in major league baseball when a pitcher hurts his pitching arm (Floyd or Kevin Brown). Is the team on the hook for the full amount of a player's salary?

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ May 5, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
Found this to be interesting.

So the Bulls did not have to pay him $16 million this year, but instead about $10 million to recover and sit on the bench? This makes me wonder what happens in major league baseball when a pitcher hurts his pitching arm (Floyd or Kevin Brown). Is the team on the hook for the full amount of a player's salary?

Oh no, he still gets his money. Difference is, the Bulls get a rebate back from the insurance company.

I really hope that Nate and Marco don't price themselves out of the Bulls range. If comes between them, take Nate, but still I like this...

PG: Rose/Hinrich/Teague

SG: Butler/Nate

SF: Deng/Bellinelli/Draft Pick

PF: Boozer/Taj/Thomas

C : Noah/Nazr/Draft Pick