SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
I think it had more to do with the fact that he could platoon a bit with Viciedo down the stretch and add some speed off the bench (if the price is right). Maybe it is cause they'd deal Dayan, but if they were, it better be for someone that is a difference maker and that the Sox can have control of.

This.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Jeff Baker (32)

Robinson Cano (30) - $15MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Mike Fontenot (33)

Orlando Hudson (35) - $8MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Maicer Izturis (32)

Kelly Johnson (31)

Adam Kennedy (37)

Jeff Keppinger (33)

Jose Lopez (29) has done fairly well subbing for CLE this year

Aaron Miles (36)

Freddy Sanchez (35)

Ryan Theriot (33)

Not many good options. Kelly Johnson would be a nice get, Izturis would be a good DP partner with Ramirez.

Keppinger has been a valuable performer for the Rays but not sure he's an everyday player at this stage in his career.

Gordon isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
-I should explain. (Typing too fast in the game thread.) They do like Myers to close but RV loves Reed. It's more that Reed is being asked about, than KW "souring" on him. But they do have concerns and put a huge emphasis on self-scouting. (Santos).

This makes more sense. We've been pretty good in terms of self scouting if we choose to move some one while they still have value.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
Jeff Baker (32)

Robinson Cano (30) - $15MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Mike Fontenot (33)

Orlando Hudson (35) - $8MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Maicer Izturis (32)

Kelly Johnson (31)

Adam Kennedy (37)

Jeff Keppinger (33)

Jose Lopez (29) has done fairly well subbing for CLE this year

Aaron Miles (36)

Freddy Sanchez (35)

Ryan Theriot (33)

Not many good options. Kelly Johnson would be a nice get, Izturis would be a good DP partner with Ramirez.

Keppinger has been a valuable performer for the Rays but not sure he's an everyday player at this stage in his career.

I would have zero problem making a move to get Izturis. He's solid defensively, good on the paths, and a solid hack hitter. When he's gotten more extended at bats he's been decent. As a whole that is not a pretty looking list though. It sucks cause Becks is a total stud defensively. He's just a wreck offensively. The worse part is, a lot of it is mental (he's got a horrendous approach and zero confidence and as a result he swings at crap and tinkered/ruined his swing).

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
-I should explain. (Typing too fast in the game thread.) They do like Myers to close but RV loves Reed. It's more that Reed is being asked about, than KW "souring" on him. But they do have concerns and put a huge emphasis on self-scouting. (Santos).

I'd be shocked if they ate the $10 million before it got much, much worse

Nice double by Dunn to give the Sox a nice cushion. Personally, I feel so much better about the pen knowing that the club has Crain/Myers. Moves Nate down in the pecking order (and also takes some pressure off, which is good since he is a rook) and takes a lot of pressure off Thorty.