What baseball team do you hate the most?

southsider2k5

Most hated baseball team poll  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What baseball team do you hate the most?

• Chicago Cubs
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Boston Red Sox
    • New York Yankees
    • Miami Marlins
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Other, please name.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Usually the Red Sox, this year and going forward until you know who is gone it's the Marlins. I want nothing more than to see that sob have continued failure.

:lolhitting

I was very close to clicking the Marlins for the same reason but I just really can't stand the Tigers trying to buy the division.

Ask me this back when I lived in IL it would have been the Cubs without a doubt. Since moving away in '94, I really don't have to hear folks talk about the Cubs so they're not on my radar as much (though I did about pop open some bubbly in '03 after they lost). With the Sox winning it all in '05 and living 700 miles from Chicago, eh, I really don't care about them anymore.

St. Louis Cardinals. I find their fans to be annoying, all their well known former players (of recent at least), and former manager to be ass wipes.

Red Sox would be a close second, only because everyone seems to ignore that they spend as much as the Yankees.

I hate the Marlins merely for the new stadium that ripped off the tax payers.

I also hate the Giants because of how they're screwing the A's over and I absolutely hate Brian Wilson. I hate how they seem to collect old and bad outfielders.

I hate the Texas Rangers with an immense burning hatred. I hate them more than the dreaded Boston Red Cubs, and I can't stand Boston. If the White Sox don't make it to the fall classic, I want the Rangers to make it just so they'll lose again in dramatic fashion in game 7 and rip their fan's hearts out again. Either that or I hope they have an epic collapse and miss the playoffs all together. f*** them and f*** Nolan Ryan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Cubs. Easy. October, 2003 was arguably the worst month of my life until a hero, a champion, a wonder to behold, a dear good friend of mine intervened and put an end to the horror that had been that month: Mr. Alex S. Gonzalez.

AND DONT YOU f***ING FORGET IT

Oh, and the team I hate the most is the 2011 White Sox. That was by far the most boring and disgraceful team I have ever seen play the game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Grow up in an area where a bunch of your friends are cheering for the Cubs, getting out of school to go to Cubs games, your family/grandparents have a Cubs fan in there, and you somehow wind up a Sox fan by age 9...you'll figure out the Cubs hatred really really quick.

THIS.

It's why I dislike U of I so thoroughly as well. When the Cubs were in the NLCS and U of I in the Final Four, I was "expected" to root for them because I lived in the area. God forbid I root for my Sox and NIU teams as well. Outside of my nuclear family, everyone else is Cubs fans so it was never ending.

Then Bartman happened. Then Sean May and Raymond Felton. It was beautiful.

And finally, '05. THE GLORY THAT WAS '05. We got to rub it in, even though some Cubs fans switched allegiances over night and were now "Sox" fans.

It's also why Waldo the White Sox Wolf should have been a full blown mascot. Being a Sox fan was like being a lone wolf in a sea of baby bears.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Grow up in an area where a bunch of your friends are cheering for the Cubs, getting out of school to go to Cubs games, your family/grandparents have a Cubs fan in there, and you somehow wind up a Sox fan by age 9...you'll figure out the Cubs hatred really really quick.

THIS.

It's why I dislike U of I so thoroughly as well. When the Cubs were in the NLCS and U of I in the Final Four, I was "expected" to root for them because I lived in the area. God forbid I root for my Sox and NIU teams as well. Outside of my nuclear family, everyone else is Cubs fans so it was never ending.

Then Bartman happened. Then Sean May and Raymond Felton. It was beautiful.

And finally, '05. THE GLORY THAT WAS '05. We got to rub it in, even though some Cubs fans switched allegiances over night and were now "Sox" fans.

It's also why Waldo the White Sox Wolf should have been a full blown mascot. Being a Sox fan was like being a lone wolf in a sea of baby bears.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
A Chicago Cubs World Series celebration/parade would dwarf anything 2005 White Sox. The national coverage would be too much for me. I couldn't take it.

I concur. I always thought that 2005 would make me care less about the Cubs winning it all, since the Sox broke their streak first. But then I think about how ridiculous the celebration and out of control the coverage would be, then I say f*** that.

Yankees. I would root for the Cubs if they were playing the Yankees...unless it was the World Series, only because (as others have stated) the celebration of a Cubs WS victory would be way too much to handle. That lousy team gets enough national and local attention.

But I just despise the Yankees. And it doesn't help that every time you turn on ESPN it's like watching a local NY station.

Maybe I've grown up a little, but the whole sox-cubs thing is just annoying now. I'm not going to root for them, but I'm not watching their games/checking up on scores to see if they lose.

To paint w/ a broad brush, the "CUBS SUCK" type of sox fan is usually the lowest common denominator fan there is.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
Maybe I've grown up a little, but the whole sox-cubs thing is just annoying now. I'm not going to root for them, but I'm not watching their games/checking up on scores to see if they lose.

To paint w/ a broad brush, the "CUBS SUCK" type of sox fan is usually the lowest common denominator fan there is.

Cubs suck!

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)

I used to have Cub hatred just because it was the proper thing to do as a Sox fan. When I took a step back and contemplated why, the only answer I could think of is "just because". Eventually, I managed to come up with "Go Cubs Go", the assclown Fukodome t-shirts and bandannas, and the combined effort of the fan base and media in managing to turn Bartman's foul ball into a significant historical event that places somewhere between the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Neil Armstrong's moon landing. Wrigley Field, and also the ability to watch NL baseball if ever the urge arises absolve a good portion of that, so I'm quite alright with them- at least until they become contenders again. I'm not going out of my way to root for them, but I'm not going out of my way to root against them either.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
I hated Cleveland in the late 90s and early 00's. I couldnt stand the Twins when they were vying for first place and I now hate the Tigers the most. I don't hate the Cubs but I do hate their uneducated fans. Their educated baseball fans (>10% of them) I respect. But the rest of those clowns can go f*** themselves.

I also hate ESPN and their lack of Midwest coverage. Yankees and Red Sox speculation is not news but Konerko's concussion is.

^^^This. I couldn't have said it any better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Cubs. Easy. October, 2003 was arguably the worst month of my life until a hero, a champion, a wonder to behold, a dear good friend of mine intervened and put an end to the horror that had been that month: Mr. Steven Bartman.

:lolhitting: That post was epic, can I quote you on that psot on facebook??? :lolhitting:

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
My hatred of the Cubs dissipated when the Sox won the Series in '05.

The Sox got there first. They will ALWAYS be the ones who won it first no matter what.

It's now 100+ years for the Cubs, and they've looked awful for a few years now. Hating them is like kicking the small kid when he's down. The Cubs winning has no ill effect on the White Sox in their direct pursuit of the post-season. Outside of the crosstown games of course. The worry before 2005 was that they were gonna get city bragging rights. They didn't. The White Sox did.

I agree with this mostly. I don't despise the Cubs team, just basically the fan base. I got in an argument with good friends who were Cubs fans cause I called their fan base "fair weather". It just seems so easy and typical to be a Cubs fan, whereas being a Sox fan pre-2005 took balls. Especially if you were from Illinois. In 2005 when Prior is getting more press than the surging Sox, I was pretty pissed.

But post-2005 I could give an eff about most things Cub. Any argument is settled by one year, 2005. I always liked the "living in the past response" but you and I know that if they would have won it, we'd hear about it for another 100 years.

I dislike the Tigers. Hate is reserved for bad people and bad things, not sports related things.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
I used to have Cub hatred just because it was the proper thing to do as a Sox fan. When I took a step back and contemplated why, the only answer I could think of is "just because". Eventually, I managed to come up with "Go Cubs Go", the assclown Fukodome t-shirts and bandannas, and the combined effort of the fan base and media in managing to turn Bartman's foul ball into a significant historical event that places somewhere between the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Neil Armstrong's moon landing. Wrigley Field, and also the ability to watch NL baseball if ever the urge arises absolve a good portion of that, so I'm quite alright with them- at least until they become contenders again. I'm not going out of my way to root for them, but I'm not going out of my way to root against them either.

I won't make this a Bartman discussion, but kudos to the rare fan who does not stick his mitts into the face of his team's player who is trying to catch a foul ball or stick his hand down and interfere with a ball in play hit by the home team. If you have great seats you have to use your brain or you become Bartman if the game is important.

Edited by greg775