Ozzie Guillen, fired

southsider2k5

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loria is such a dumbass. He should be made to wear safety mittens, brightly colored clothing and a helmet anytime he's making decisions regarding personnel on his baseball teams. Don't take this as a defense of Guillen- he probably wouldn't have stuck around too long anywhere with some of his stunts- this is yet another example (the latest of many over the years) of the owner's ineptitude. This goes for Boston, and anywhere else for that matter: If you're hiring a manager for a team that is expected to compete (not rebuilding), and in Miami's case- a manager that they couldn't even wait a day or two longer to get- and then you fire him after year one, then you're a f***ing idiot.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8543189/...r-miami-marlins

greg, I know you view us as "haters" and Loria as a crazy owner, but I think you should watch the video here and listen to what Jayson Stark says about Ozzie here.

No offense, but that Stark stuff didn't cover much ground. He mentioned the Castro stuff a lot. Loria is insane. A lot of owners are insane but this guy is the worst. I wish the Miami media would write about the real reason Ozzie got axed. You guys think I'm full of it, but Ozzie is gone because he called out Loria. He ripped him and said that thing about "why have so many managers been here?" That was it. Oz was gone after that. I hope Ozzie blasts Loria in his exit interviews with the media or at least cracks a joke about how he'd like to thank Loria for paying him for 3 years for no work.

Loria couldn't deal with the idea of looking at Ozzie one more day after Oz called him out. It's going to be tough for Oz to get another job cause he won't kiss ass. I hope he comes back to the Sox as an announcer immediately if he doesn't get the KC job.

I hope the Royals get rid of Yost and hire Ozzie. He'd be perfect with a young team and it'd re-energize his career. I think it'd be a great marriage. Now don't you all say this proves I'm a Royals fan. I'm not. It kills me when the Sox get owned head to head by KC. But I do live here and I'd love to see Oz here.

He gets the last laugh in Miami. All that money and he doesn't have to work for Loria and his yes men relatives anymore.

Edited by greg775

To the Ozzie haters out there. Seriously. How many men in this kiss-ass-to-get-ahead world would have the guts to say this to the man who signs the checks?

From Passon's excelent article on Yahoo. ...

Yeah, and?: Well, one of our former managers, Fredi Gonzalez, told the Miami Herald: "There’s not a manager dead or alive that Jeffrey thinks is good enough. Not Connie Mack, not anyone." Even Ozzie, when still employed, zinged Jeffrey good: "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many [expletive] managers come through here."

It got him fired but should make Ozzie a hero to the working class stiffs of America who can't tell their rich prick clueless bosses to f*** off.

There's being a kissass and then there's telling the person who signs your checks that he's incompetent. I'm don't talk badly about anybody above me, let alone that guy. Beyond that, regardless of the truth to which Guillen speaks, there is some pot calling the kettle black action as well, because Loria spent a good amount of money on the Marlins and they had a lot of talent, and, with Guillen at the helm, the Marlins had their worst season since 1999.

There's a lot of blame to go around, I'm not questioning that. But the guy with the bigger stick is still around, and he's going to continue to make terrible decisions. That doesn't detract from how poorly Guillen managed that team.

Edited by witesoxfan

Ozzie won't manage on a one year contract. considering how the last 2 seasons have gone, why would any team give him more than one year? I really don't think he is too upset about today's announcement, but it will probably keep him from managing again unless he has been humbled enough to work on one year contracts.