Sports Media discussion

Anymore Chicago sports radio isn't intelligent. It is more say something controversial to get people stirred and maybe generate some calls. Ignore anyone with something intelligent to say, and put the guy on the air who is going to say something stupid. If they say something intelligent, take it out of context, or twist it into something else.

It is basically reality TV on the radio. It is an insult to anyone with a sports IQ.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Anymore Chicago sports radio isn't intelligent. It is more say something controversial to get people stirred and maybe generate some calls. Ignore anyone with something intelligent to say, and put the guy on the air who is going to say something stupid. If they say something intelligent, take it out of context, or twist it into something else.

It is basically reality TV on the radio. It is an insult to anyone with a sports IQ.

It isnt all like this

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)

When they talk to professionals it is pretty good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
Maybe 30 years ago. Now he is just a mockery of his old self.

Is he on anymore? It's been a while since I listened to it. I actually won a Tivo by answering some trivia back when they first came out. I think that was around when I lost touch with his show.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
Is he on anymore? It's been a while since I listened to it. I actually won a Tivo by answering some trivia back when they first came out. I think that was around when I lost touch with his show.

I followed on facebook for a while. I had to drop him, as it was too painful.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Donaldo @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
It was mentioned today that McNeil was at the WMVP studios having coffee with some boss types there.

Interesting. I'm surprised Mac would want to go back there.

where did you see this/hear this?

Did you guys ever get to listen to Jason Goff much when he was at The Score? He's been in Atlanta for over a year now. I don't always like what he has to say, but he's my favorite local guy for sure. His show is always entertaining.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 12:51 AM)
Did you guys ever get to listen to Jason Goff much when he was at The Score? He's been in Atlanta for over a year now. I don't always like what he has to say, but he's my favorite local guy for sure. His show is always entertaining.

He was the producer on B &B forever, but more and more they would let him engage in the show, I did enjoy what he added. Probably the best young voice on the Score, I'm sure that's why ATL scooped him up.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
where did you see this/hear this?

Carmen & Jurko mentioned it. Mac had coffee with Adam Delavit? - the PD.

Carmen even sang "reunited" while they were talking about it. I'm guessing they'd eventually move him into Carmen's seat, though. Maybe waddle goes to more national stuff with the network and Carmen moves back to shows with Silvy?

Seriously, Mac can go wherever he wants and I dont care. The guy has taken off the better part of the past year for depression, addiction, and various vacations that always seem to be the same endgame: fishing in Canada.

He wants a part time gig and a full time paycheck. I feel bad for Spiegel because Mac has more or less hung him out to dry

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
Seriously, Mac can go wherever he wants and I dont care. The guy has taken off the better part of the past year for depression, addiction, and various vacations that always seem to be the same endgame: fishing in Canada.

He wants a part time gig and a full time paycheck. I feel bad for Spiegel because Mac has more or less hung him out to dry

And in comes Law Holmes to be better than anything on the station and sit in with Spiegs. I never get tired of him.