Mets @ White Sox in "A GAME OF LOLS"

Steve9347

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
Upon further review, the refs picked up the flag as Beckham did not interfere with Gillaspie on the pass.

Reed should have tackled Beckham's dumb ass.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 02:55 AM)
Between our starting SS and 2b this year, they have 18 errors and 1 home run. But yep, if they had AJ, they would have won it all.

You guys overreact to everything I say, but YES AJ woulda kicked some ass after that play.

Or HE would have taken command, not leaving it up to Reed. If you watch the replay, Flowers is just standing there like a statue.

p.s. If you read my original AJ post you will see it does not overreact like some have to me. Read it closely. Tell me MY POST makes no sense. Cheap shot, fathom.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 06:09 AM)
You guys overreact to everything I say, but YES AJ woulda kicked some ass after that play.

Or HE would have taken command, not leaving it up to Reed. If you watch the replay, Flowers is just standing there like a statue.

p.s. If you read my original AJ post you will see it does not overreact like some have to me. Read it closely. Tell me MY POST makes no sense. Cheap shot, fathom.

Greg, I had no problem with you saying that the team would have been better if AJP was brought back. The real issue I had with your thread was suggesting he'd make a 15 game difference. The Beckham play tonight was just another example of how bad this team is all around, which was why I said in my initial response to you in that thread that this team has more holes than just at the catching spot. And as for Flowers on that play, of course Flowers is standing there, as there's always the possibility of a play at the plate if the ball is dropped.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 11:57 PM)
Hawk was priceless. You could feel how ticked off he was

His meltdown is up on deadspin. Classic.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't Sale suppose to move to the 1st base side away from the play?

That was Reed and yes he has to do a better job of getting out of the way there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:09 AM)

The last person to be making that play would be the catcher. If AJ was still here, he would have been doing the same thing Flowers was...standing at the plate in case there was a play there. That play was all Beckham's fault. There was no reason at all he should have been over there. That was like when Manny Ramirez turned himself into a cutoff man when the ball was thrown by a guy 15 feet away.

It is the pitcher's job to direct traffic. The pitcher is supposed to be yelling "Conor", "Gillaspie" or "3rd base" loud enough for the rest of the infielders to hear him and then get the f*** out of the way. I can't tell if Reed just failed to do that, or if Beckham just ignored him.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 06:48 AM)
It is the pitcher's job to direct traffic. The pitcher is supposed to be yelling "Conor", "Gillaspie" or "3rd base" loud enough for the rest of the infielders to hear him and then get the f*** out of the way. I can't tell if Reed just failed to do that, or if Beckham just ignored him.

Addison was a spectator but there's no reason for Andy Gonzalez to be anywhere near that ball. Flowers wasn't coming in on it, he backed away, you're not supposed to turn completely around & make sure the LF, 1B, batboy, etc, are trying to get themselves involved. That's all on 2B right there.

That was the complete opposite of a webgem. Don't know what you call it though.

Supposedly, Reed was calling for Gillaspie to take it.

Reed also acknowledged he could have gotten a few more steps out of the way....but with the way Beckham was charging into the play, it might not have made a difference (tripping over Addison's foot) in the final result anyway.

Has to be better communication, clearly.

More Little League/Tom Emanski fundamentals drills highlights.

I guarantee a play like that would never happen in Japan or Korea.

In that gif Reed is watching the ball like Pedro Cerrano, oh beautiful ball in blue sky it's like snowflake, etc.

More like Ghostbusters 2 though, they kill that giant marshmalllow man but oh wait here comes Andy Gonzalez again right out the painting, controlling all the sludge under the city. There's just no reason for that play to happen. You're not a CF, it's not the OF. Why does the 2B feel he needs to cross the mound on an easy popup without even looking to see where the 3B is?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 06:48 AM)

Agreed. Gordo is the one who looked bad, but Addison Reed just stood there staring up. He needs to A, get out of the way; and B, help his infielders.