Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
Oh yeah, forgot the day's shocking revelation that Andre Rienzo is untrustworthy and/or doesn't comprehend U.S. geography. Poor Jake may never recover.

Just to clarify, you mean the person who posts on this board not the guy who has not been traded.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
One name that people seem to ignore in the Bio genesis stuff is Bartolo Colon. If they announce suspensions as soon as tomorrow, maybe Oakland gets back in the Peavy sweepstakes.

Apparently he's already served 50 games from that offense though...at least that's wha I read, so his suspension is uncertain.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
Just to clarify, you mean the person who posts on this board not the guy who has not been traded.

Both? The way Rick "ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH" Hahn is toying with his feelings I'm not sure Jake-asaurus isn't damaged goods mentally. Dude needs to start scouting out good brunch options in his new home town and doesn't even know where to start! Good luck finding a decent frittata in f***ing Oakland, that s*** takes time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
One name that people seem to ignore in the Bio genesis stuff is Bartolo Colon. If they announce suspensions as soon as tomorrow, maybe Oakland gets back in the Peavy sweepstakes.

Did someone say Bartolo Colon?!?! Where's Mark Billiards???

My dream for tomorrow:

1.) To start the day, 9am EST - PED suspensions are handed down.

2.) Oakland, St. Louis, and Boston lose...

3.) Peavy starts for us and throws a complete game shut out.

4.) He gets traded less than three hours after the final out... For a metric s*** ton of prospect goodness.

Twitter, Soxtalk, and mlbtraderumors rumble with glory...

I could definitely see the D Backs trade for Peavy, even without clearing salary, as they could use his veteran presence for their young arms like Miley and Corbin. Maybe the rumbles of putting Kennedy and Kubel on the block will get some takers. Shouldn't Gammons feel a little used by now, with all teams leaking info to him to serve their own nefarious purposes?

https://twitter.com/pgammo/status/361974974556278785

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
My dream for tomorrow:

1.) To start the day, 9am EST - PED suspensions are handed down.

2.) Oakland, St. Louis, and Boston lose...

3.) Peavy starts for us and throws a complete game shut out.

4.) He gets traded less than three hours after the final out... For a metric s*** ton of prospect goodness.

Twitter, Soxtalk, and mlbtraderumors rumble with glory...

0.5.) Poop

Jake Peavy was scheduled to start for the White Sox in Cleveland tonight at 6:05pm central time, but the Sox will instead make history by promoting the Majors' first Brazilian native, Andre Rienzo, according to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Meanwhile, GM Rick Hahn will be entertaining offers for Peavy, according to Gonzales.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
I don't like hearing these Cliff Lee rumors, because Boston is the best fit for him.

I wouldn't worry. Not with that huge contract Lee still has left. Posturing by the Red Sox on Peavy, pure and simple, trying to make it seem like they have leverage with the Phils. I still think Boston is the best fit in terms of prospects. They have both position players and arms that could be ready soon.

Edited by beck72

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:01 AM)
Jake Peavy was scheduled to start for the White Sox in Cleveland tonight at 6:05pm central time, but the Sox will instead make history by promoting the Majors' first Brazilian native, Andre Rienzo, according to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Meanwhile, GM Rick Hahn will be entertaining offers for Peavy, according to Gonzales.

He's not the first, but I'm interested to watch him start anyways.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
It would be absurd for Peavy to start tonight. We'd knock down his value 5% or so by starting him.

I suspect Hahn will knock down his demands and settle for a Garza like package. I didn't figure Peavy to bring a top 50 prospect.

5%? :lol: what does that even mean and how did you come up with that number?