I'm starting to fear...

WKamm

QUOTE (WKamm @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
... that Wednesday's going to come and go without a trade. Hahn is asleep at the wheel.

You can return to complain about the actual trade results when the return is made known in the off-season.

Although surely you'd rather have kept him and gotten nothing at all back in return. At least Hahn and Friedman BOTH used their creativity and imagination/s to get this done, something has to be said for that.

I say we are all happy come Wednesday, I see Jake, Lindstrom, Rios, Rameriez, and maybe Dunn all gone. This is all part of the game, even more so with a new GM like Hahn. These GMs are trying to push him around and test RH, they are using their leaks to test him further. Hahn is standing his ground, he is used to going toe to toe with agents negotiating multi year and multi million dollar deals. You gotta give the kid a chance before we worry or judge him. We have two days which is a lifetime in deadline time. Have no fear Rick Hahn is here.

PS: Frank was on Sports Talk Live and said he expects 4-5 players to be dealt and even mentioned there may be a trade no one is expecting or talking about. Specifically mentioned one of the two young leftys, Hector and Josè.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

I am starting to think it is a possibility that no major moves are made. Maybe Lindstrom gets moved, maybe a surprise or two. But I wouldn't be shocked at this point if Peavy, Rios, Ramirez, Dunn, De Aza etc. are in a SOX uni on August 1.

With that said, I wouldn't be upset. We don't want Hahn to back down and take a mediocre package for his major chips, just because. Worst case scenario, Peavy is sportin' a SOX jersey next spring. Oh well. This organization needs bats -- and Hahn needs to assert himself as the GM of this team. Getting swindled wouldn't do him any favors. I am willing to see how this offseason plays out if no major moves are made. I highly doubt the SOX go into 2014 without some fresh face of the major league caliber.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
I say we are all happy come Wednesday, I see Jake, Lindstrom, Rios, Rameriez, and maybe Dunn all gone. This is all part of the game, even more so with a new GM like Hahn. These GMs are trying to push him around and test RH, they are using their leaks to test him further. Hahn is standing his ground, he is used to going toe to toe with agents negotiating multi year and multi million dollar deals. You gotta give the kid a chance before we worry or judge him. We have two days which is a lifetime in deadline time. Have no fear Rick Hahn is here.

PS: Frank was on Sports Talk Live and said he expects 4-5 players to be dealt and even mentioned there may be a trade no one is expecting or talking about. Specifically mentioned one of the two young leftys, Hector and Josè.

Man, in one day the future of the franchise will be decided if Frank is right. As much as I hate our position players, if we acquire lousy players in return, we will suck year after year.

As much as Peavy is a yearly injury risk, trading him AND one of the young lefties does in theory weaken our starting pitching a bit. Future rotation of: Sale, Danks, Floyd, one remaining lefty and the minor leaguer everybody is always talking about. I guess that's STILL a good rotation if everybody is healthy.

I actually could see us dealing one of the two lefties.

I guess trading Rios, Dunn, Lexi, one lefty starter, Peavy, DeAza, Flowers and Beckham would be acceptable. It'd be quite the housecleaning in one day, though.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:49 PM)
Isn't the Sox saying they're good to "hold onto" Peavy similar to the Cubs talking about extending Garza before he was dealt?

Just trying to up the ante?

Yeah I would say that's a good comparison.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Man, in one day the future of the franchise will be decided if Frank is right. As much as I hate our position players, if we acquire lousy players in return, we will suck year after year.

As much as Peavy is a yearly injury risk, trading him AND one of the young lefties does in theory weaken our starting pitching a bit. Future rotation of: Sale, Danks, Floyd, one remaining lefty and the minor leaguer everybody is always talking about. I guess that's STILL a good rotation if everybody is healthy.

I actually could see us dealing one of the two lefties.

I guess trading Rios, Dunn, Lexi, one lefty starter, Peavy, DeAza, Flowers and Beckham would be acceptable. It'd be quite the housecleaning in one day, though.

Floyd is a goner after this year.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:49 PM)
Isn't the Sox saying they're good to "hold onto" Peavy similar to the Cubs talking about extending Garza before he was dealt?

Just trying to up the ante?

That's all we can hope for. Hahn better take whatever the best offer is on Wednesday for Peavy and Rios and Alexei. 0 reason to hold on to them until the offseason. It's not like any of them are having bad years and their stock is down.

QUOTE (WKamm @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:11 AM)
If Keppinger, Dunn, Ramirez, and Flowers are still here after the deadline, it will be a failure on the Sox part.

LOL, maybe in return for a bag of baseballs and assuming 95% of their contracts we could dump Flowers, Dunn or Kepp. Who in the world is going to want Flowers? Keppinger maybe has a tiny bit of value as a utility guy but it seems he hasn't drawn much interest with that robust .543 OPS (surprise surprise).

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:24 AM)
Why are some people pretending it's some new untested approach to wait for the deadline to get the best offers coming in

True, but I do think a Peavy decision will prior to his start. Guys like Rios & Ramirez will probably be last second deals if they get moved.