Anybody Found The Last Couple Days Easier to Watch?

Dunt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
Fielding mistakes are still there by the bunches, but the offense has been far more fun to watch. Still a lot of work to be done, but this team has been much more palatable lately.

I watch every single game beginning to end unless the Sox are losing 13-0 by the 5th inning. They had the 1st winning homestand in 3 months, that helps enjoyment level. Love the starting pitching.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
I watch every single game beginning to end unless the Sox are losing 13-0 by the 5th inning. They had the 1st winning homestand in 3 months, that helps enjoyment level. Love the starting pitching.

It's tough for me now. I don't want them to win. I want the 3rd pick in June minimum. They can't f*** up this fantastic opportunity by falling down to the 5-8 range draft pick wise. Ideally, Garcia and Beckham will do well, Dunn will hit bombs, Starting pitchers pitch well, and then Axelrod blows the game. That's my ideal scenario right now. God that sounds horrible.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
It's tough for me now. I don't want them to win. I want the 3rd pick in June minimum. They can't f*** up this fantastic opportunity by falling down to the 5-8 range draft pick wise. Ideally, Garcia and Beckham will do well, Dunn will hit bombs, Starting pitchers pitch well, and then Axelrod blows the game. That's my ideal scenario right now. God that sounds horrible.

Ha, we are in 100% agreement. I would add Phegley and Viciedo to the group I hope succeeds in a game. I find myself rooting hard for the Marlins and Astros of late as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
Ha, we are in 100% agreement. I would add Phegley and Viciedo to the group I hope succeeds in a game. I find myself rooting hard for the Marlins and Astros of late as well.

Yeah we are on the same page. Obviously, if I am watching a game I want them to win at the time. I think it's second nature. But man the Cubs are creeping up soon on that 3rd pick. Getting that 3rd pick is just pretty important in my opinion. Not just for the best chance at talent at that spot but because of the additional money you are allowed to spend.

I've watched far more Twins games on TV than White Sox ones this year.

I have MLB.tv to watch the Sox if there's a reason I want to (like Sale pitching or something), but flipping the channel over to Fox Sports North to put something on in the background is just easier.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)

Lol. Axelrod should come in the 8th every game and just pitch until it ends.

I did a fist pump this morning when I saw that the sox lost in a walk-off.

I kind of like the way the past few games have gone. Lots of positives in SP and young position players, bullpen blows meaningless games in the end.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
I did a fist pump this morning when I saw that the sox lost in a walk-off.

I kind of like the way the past few games have gone. Lots of positives in SP and young position players, bullpen blows meaningless games in the end.

I cussed when I saw the Sox lost in a walk-off. Painful, embarrassing season in all aspects of being a fan to those of us who don't care about the draft.

I cussed when I saw the Sox lost in a walk-off. Painful, embarrassing season in all aspects of being a fan to those of us who don't care about the draft.

[/quote

It does the Sox absolutely no good to win the majority of their games. I don't care about your couch time. Get used to feeling like s*** every night and cussing because this season is not turning around. Actually, the long term future of the Sox will be better if they don't turn it around. Why don't you care about the draft? I understand not being into it but you must understand that it's important right? That is one avenue in which you use to acquire talent. One silver lining in this horrible season is the fact that they can add more amateur talent over the coming and will have a larger bonus pool to spend on the draft. You refusing to understand this is very irritating to me. I told myself that I wouldn't respond anymore but your ignorance just rankles me.