2013-14 off season player movement thread

southsider2k5

The endorsement possibilities for Choo as a Yankee would have been far greater in both NY and Korea, vs. his situation in Texas. Boras did nothing positive for his client here.

The bloom oughtta be off that rose by now. Hopefully soon.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
The endorsement possibilities for Choo as a Yankee would have been far greater in both NY and Korea, vs. his situation in Texas. Boras did nothing positive for his client here.

The bloom oughtta be off that rose by now. Hopefully soon.

When Choo signed he said he preferred Texas so I doubt he cared about endorsements, can't really fault Boris for Choo's decision.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
When Choo signed he said he preferred Texas so I doubt he cared about endorsements, can't really fault Boris for Choo's decision.

Maybe, but what else is he gonna say at that point?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
Maybe, but what else is he gonna say at that point?

I see what you're saying but taking 10m less than the yanks offer does back up his words. Texas does have a better team than the yanks so I can believe him. Just shows the yanks can't buy everyone.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 03:18 PM)
I have no idea where else to put this, but how on earth did I never hear of Jason Neighborgall?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=neighb001jas

13 HBP, 59 Wild pitches and 128 walks in 42 pro innings. Oh my f***ing god.

In his last inning ever he walked 12 batters, hit 3 of them, threw 9 wild pitches, and allowed 12 ER. LOL, where the f*** was his manager?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 03:54 AM)

In his last inning ever he walked 12 batters, hit 3 of them, threw 9 wild pitches, and allowed 12 ER. LOL, where the f*** was his manager?

Because that last inning spanned 5 games, lmao

Not player movement but no other catch-all.

The nearly bankrupt Yankee Stadium garage company could receive new taxpayer subsidies of more than $200 million if a financial bailout plan approved last month by the Bloomberg administration goes through, the Daily News has learned.

The Yankees and a billionaire Middle East sheik who is partnering with the team are proposing to pay an estimated $25 million for one of the garages currently owned by Bronx Parking Development Co. LLC — the independent firm that operates the stadium’s garage system. The Yankees partnership is proposing to demolish that garage on W. 153rd St. and build a new $350 million Major League Soccer stadium for its team, New York City FC.

But under the bailout plan approved Dec. 18 by Bronx Parking’s board of directors and the holders of its debt, the reorganized company would pay no rent until 2056 for more than 20 acres of city-owned land where its other stadium garages are located.

That’s right, no rent for the next 42 years!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gonzal...3#ixzz2pimHo3AG

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
Not player movement but no other catch-all.

This is another case where the city will make money on the taxes from parking, tickets, concession and since it's soccer fines from the police arresting all of the people fighting in the stands.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
This is another case where the city will make money on the taxes from parking, tickets, concession and since it's soccer fines from the police arresting all of the people fighting in the stands.

Except for the fact they already blew a ton of money on the last empty parking garage.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Except for the fact they already blew a ton of money on the last empty parking garage.

That's government and politics. Usually can't get out of their own way. I know that part of the city they do not want empty run down buildings so it doesn't surprise me that they would do something like this.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_...angeles-dodgers

The Los Angeles Dodgers announced a three-year contract extension with manager Don Mattingly on Wednesday. Mattingly's new deal starts next season and runs through 2016. Financial terms of the new deal were not available.

Mattingly admitted Wednesday he wishes his now-famous end-of-season news conference had gone differently. Days after the Dodgers were eliminated in the National League Championship Series, Mattingly said he felt entering the 2014 season on another one-year contract would make him a lame duck. He said Wednesday his comments were prompted by the fact that the Dodgers did not inform him by then that they wanted to talk about a long-term extension.

More From ESPNLosAngeles.com

Extending manager Don Mattingly for at least two more seasons beyond the next stabilizes the Dodgers, Mark Saxon writes. Blog

His 2014 option, reportedly for $1.4 million, vested when the Dodgers advanced to the NLCS, but that contract is now superseded by the new deal.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 03:54 AM)

This was truly the greatest stat box I've ever read. Laughed out loud for a long time. That was awesome.

Faced 310 batters in 42 innings and a 27 BB per 9 innings.

twenty seven walks. per nine innings.

my god.

Vernon Wells DFA

The Yankees (or Wells' next team) won't have to pay most of what he's owed for the final year of the $126 million deal he signed with the Blue Jays after the 2007 season. Baseball-Reference and other sources say $18.6 million will be paid by the Los Angeles Angels, his previous team. No matter if Wells plays again, he was never able to live up to the improbable expectations the contract set.

Per Yahoo Sports

Edited by Soxfest