The AJP- Class act...

Frank_Thomas

Article says if Napoli comes back AJ intends to wear #40 to honor Hawk, who wore #40 during his run with the BoSox.

Just wanted to provide the link, pretty cool if you ask me on AJ's part. You can hate the guy but he bleed black and silver for us and will go down as one of my favorite players ever. Always went about the game the right way, and I loved seeing the oddities he would create during games by his knowledge of the game. Thanks again AJ for your years on the South Side and continuing to honor those who supported you from day one in this city, and it really did start with Hawk.

Link:

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/pierzy...&ocid=yahoo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
Class Act? LOL

This is a class act:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90610

And everyone else who didn't donate is an asshole who kicks people in the nuts & gets busted with roids.

Ha, we just signed a coke head & 3 comments into a thread about 1 Sox legend honoring another there is more crap on AJ. It took like 2 pages before anyone even mentioned coke in that other thread.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 12:10 AM)
For what he is doing for Hawk. I'm speechless. AJP is total class.

He was very classy 2 years ago when he berated Ventura on the team plane for allowing Beckham's gf to fly on the team plane. AJ was great on the White Sox and he helped the team win a World Series. Let's not pretend that he was some fantastic guy though. This is a cool thing that he is doing for a guy he respects. How about how he treats people he doesn't respect? Good ballplayer. Bad guy.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
He was very classy 2 years ago when he berated Ventura on the team plane for allowing Beckham's gf to fly on the team plane. AJ was great on the White Sox and he helped the team win a World Series. Let's not pretend that he was some fantastic guy though. This is a cool thing that he is doing for a guy he respects. How about how he treats people he doesn't respect? Good ballplayer. Bad guy.

Ha.

WTF does Beckham's girlfriend need to be on the team plane for? Was there some dire situation where that was the only way she could get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible? Beckham can use all that draft bonus money and arb salary he hasn't lived up to and buy her a first class ticket.

AJ knows how this game is played. AJ knows how a team is supposed to be run, how a clubhouse is supposed to work, he knows both the rule book and all the rules that aren't written in there but should be.

Beckham's girlfriend scenario, IF true, would be what you call an error of omission, not an error of commission, by Robin. Robin doesn't necessarily get nicked for it in the media because no one is scoring on it, but AJ is right in taking corrective action because it is the type of error that can lead to a whole host of greater mistakes later on. It's also laziness & lack of leadership to allow an unestablished and overall a fairly unimportant player such privileges. In fact, not having AJ around to help Robin along may have contributed to last team's horrible season. And IF there is truth to this, then I also believe that Beckham's girlfriend may have cursed this team in which case the plane should be thoroughly washed and blessed by several priests and Minnie Minoso and Steve Stone too just to cover all the bases.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
Ha.

WTF does Beckham's girlfriend need to be on the team plane for? Was there some dire situation where that was the only way she could get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible? Beckham can use all that draft bonus money and arb salary he hasn't lived up to and buy her a first class ticket.

AJ knows how this game is played. AJ knows how a team is supposed to be run, how a clubhouse is supposed to work, he knows both the rule book and all the rules that aren't written in there but should be.

Beckham's girlfriend scenario, IF true, would be what you call an error of omission, not an error of commission, by Robin. Robin doesn't necessarily get nicked for it in the media because no one is scoring on it, but AJ is right in taking corrective action because it is the type of error that can lead to a whole host of greater mistakes later on. It's also laziness & lack of leadership to allow an unestablished and overall a fairly unimportant player such privileges. In fact, not having AJ around to help Robin along may have contributed to last team's horrible season. And IF there is truth to this, then I also believe that Beckham's girlfriend may have cursed this team in which case the plane should be thoroughly washed and blessed by several priests and Minnie Minoso and Steve Stone too just to cover all the bases.

Beckham's g/f as far as I know back then was Scotty Fletcher's daughter...who's smoking hot, and has a history with the White Sox as a player.

Not only that, but Beckham was/is close with Greg Walker, and of course Fletcher is now Walker's assistant hitting coach with the Braves.

Hawk Harrelson, Walker, Beckham and I'm pretty sure Fletcher all have Georgia ties.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
Ha.

I think AJ was upset that his girlfriend couldn't ride on the plane.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Beckham's g/f as far as I know back then was Scotty Fletcher's daughter...who's smoking hot, and has a history with the White Sox as a player.

Not only that, but Beckham was/is close with Greg Walker, and of course Fletcher is now Walker's assistant hitting coach with the Braves.

Hawk Harrelson, Walker, Beckham and I'm pretty sure Fletcher all have Georgia ties.

Yes this is true. They also got married this summer. Not that it matters.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
Just to try and understand, is the g/f of Beckham situation on the plane the reason for the AJ bashing?

It's one of them. Nobody is bashing AJ. I liked him on the White Sox. He was one of my favorite players on the team. He's not a class act though. And pretending like he is some great person doesn't do anything for me.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
It's one of them. Nobody is bashing AJ. I liked him on the White Sox. He was one of my favorite players on the team. He's not a class act though. And pretending like he is some great person doesn't do anything for me.

OK, thanks for filling me in. I never heard of the plane incident. I agree that AJ knows the game very well and probably is a bit of a prick but I like that and would have him back any time. That said, I don't see honoring a homer like hawk as anything special.