2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
Damn Mario Kart 8 reviews are incredible.

Eurogamer - 10/10

Gamespot - 8/10

USGamer - 4.5/5

Videogamer 9/10

The Verge - No score

IGN - 9/10

Edge - 9/10

Destructoid - 9/10

Polygon - 9/10

Gametrailers - 8.6/10

Joystiq - 4.5/5

Gamesradar - 4/5

Nintendo Insider - 10/10

Nintendo Life - 9/10

Meristation - 9.3/10

Vandal - 9.3/10

3D Juegos - 9/10

Multiplayer.it - 9.6

Gamereactor (Spain) - 9/10

Cubed3 - 9/10

Gameblog.fr - 4.5/5

Invisible Gamer - A+

Jeux Video - 16/20

Gamekult - 8/10

Gaming-Universe.de (German), SP: 7.5/10, MP: 9.5/10

NWR - 7.5/10

Screw Attack - 7/10

Wired - No score

Kotaku - "YES"

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
Damn Mario Kart 8 reviews are incredible.

The complaints revolve around ...*drum roll*....online features. NOT SURPRISED.

Cant wait for the 30th, it has been a while since i got out the wheel

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
The complaints revolve around ...*drum roll*....online features. NOT SURPRISED.

Cant wait for the 30th, it has been a while since i got out the wheel

Yeah, it sucks Nintendo is so far behind on online play. The good news is most of the complaints so far are about being unable to play/chat with your friends online and since most of us have no friends that own a Wii U it shouldn't be a much of a problem.

Speaking of no one owning a Wii U, Nintendo better come hard with their E3 announcements. I'm talking about at least one major game for Christmas 2014 (Zelda?) to go with Smash Brothers and some other surprises, like glimpses of the new 3D Mario in development and whatever the f*** Retro Studios is working on (Metroid please). If Nintendo focuses on something lame like a hypothetical Wii U Music then it's time to put down the Wii U once and for all Old Yeller style. Nintendo can't afford another poor E3 with PS4 & Xbox One in the mix.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
Nintendo is significantly better off than Sony financially so if anything you'd be seeing Sony IPs on Nintendos system. Not that that has any chance of happening either.

I was wondering about that after I posted because it seems to me Sony's been struggling quite a bit in recent years.

Yeah it's a compete dumpster fire of a company. They've been getting rid of their divisions piece by piece for a few years now starting with their music then their pcs and now their tvs. It manages to lose money in every single division it runs (which is a ton) except for selling insurance, oddly, and sometimes spiderman makes them a pretty penny.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
Yeah it's a compete dumpster fire of a company. They've been getting rid of their divisions piece by piece for a few years now starting with their music then their pcs and now their tvs. It manages to lose money in every single division it runs (which is a ton) except for selling insurance, oddly, and sometimes spiderman makes them a pretty penny.

And the Spiderman films are trending down in terms of box office. Hopefully that leads to Sony selling the character rights back to Disney/Marvel.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
And the Spiderman films are trending down in terms of box office. Hopefully that leads to Sony selling the character rights back to Disney/Marvel.

I imagine the Spider-Man rights would be worth at least a billion.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
Pocket change for Disney

True, but they may just opt for Sony to stop making the films.

Also, finally started The Show. A bunch of ratings on the Sox are out of whack, but otherwise it's fun as hell. After I adapted to the new controls (last The Show I owned was 2010), I crushed my friend (Cardinals) with the Sox. Abreu with 2 HRs.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
Damn.

For some reason I can't find out what year Abreu got moved to the Red Sox or how, but his career numbers have been thus....

2014 - .243, 25 HR, 65 RBI

2015 - .298, 39 HR, 121 RBI

2016 - .289, 30 HR, 89 RBI

2017 - .232, 35 HR, 97 RBI

2018 (couple weeks left) - .251, 29 HR, 107 RBI

158 career HR in his first 5 seasons. Not too shabby. He is only an 80 overall though.

Just watched an hour long livestream of Watchdogs by IGN. And it was awesome. They didn't want to do any story stuff, for fear of spoilers, but they did some side missions and some random events and it was pretty awesome. It's really fun to just spy on people and read about their life. They hacked in to some guy's laptop, and it showed he had like restraining orders on him or something and the guy was in his apartment watching the girl across the street with his binoculars and saying stuff like "Oh yeah girl, you don't need to be wearing that, just get comfortable" and it was pretty funny.

Then right as the stream ended, the person controlling it was running around and just beating up people. Well this girl on the corner pulled out her phone to call the cops. So he runs over there to her, says "Give me that" and grabs her phone and spikes it in to the ground. LOL. It was f***ing hilarious.